Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Worried we don't have the right players or they aren't good enough. So much is wrong it's scary. Sunderland full value for the point. Rafa needs to get rapid improvement from this team and it's going to be so difficult.  Norwich is must win.  Fear we got Rafa in too late.

He already has and I have no doubt we'll see more in our next game.

Any word on where he's moved to or is he commuting all the way from the Wirrel?

I'm sure he said that he was living in Newcastle during an interview, i would guess a bit of both.

Janmaat was limping when he came off.

We were awful first half, second to most balls, too slow in possession and gave them far too much time to get organised. Sissoko was ineffective and Gini struggled to pose any kind of threat. Kirchhoff controlled the midfield first half.

Rafa's got a hell of a job on his hands, we were second best today and will not catch Sunderland unless we improve by a considerable margin. We have to beat Norwich, that means creating and scoring goals away from home.

Every sub so far has made me think "what the f**k??" Quickly followed by "f**k that's an attacking move, let's see how this pans out" so much better than that other guys left back for left back crap and Mcclaren's 88th minute token sub, which changes nothing.

He should take enormous credit for that point.

The best sub, imho, was De Jong who he had hover between the lines which confused Kirchoff, who was by far the best player on the pitch, especially in the first half.

If the four mins added time wasn't wasted with them time wasting, cramp/mitro shite, I think we win the game. I've seen us win with that kind of momentum so many times. Such as shame.

Worried we don't have the right players or they aren't good enough. So much is wrong it's scary. Sunderland full value for the point. Rafa needs to get rapid improvement from this team and it's going to be so difficult.  Norwich is must win.  Fear we got Rafa in too late.

He already has and I have no doubt we'll see more in our next game.

I thought we were back to the confused stuff from the McClaren days in the first half, Sunderland looked much more organised and energetic. But we turned it round in the second half, in no small part due to Rafa making bold and decisive subs early enough to make a difference. It reminds me very much of when Keegan took over from Fat Sam. It took eight games for Kev to get us ticking again and then we were a different team.

One other similarity is that Keegan wanted to get straight out onto the training ground after his press interview as well. I know we don't have the luxury of eight games to start a turn around this time, but we are still in touching distance. While that's the case I will believe.

God if we stay up. The atmosphere next season. The sound, the football, the journey he'll take us on. I'm convinced it's our time but we'll have to struggle through a major fight for it. Keep fighting and working. I think he'll get us beating the "better" teams too