Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Surprised how little we improved today. 10% atmost.

I am not getting on Rafa's back by any means but we still play like strangers.

This is the most diffcult thing to fix, i am sure Rafa will get it eventually but we might not have enough time.

We need to start playing like a team if we want to get out of this and now its doesn't look like its moving that way yet.

In his first two games he has tried different starting lineups. I really love that.

You can see he's trying to find the right formula. Our squad is oddly balanced and none of us yet know how best to utilise the players either.

He'll get it right because he's clearly making the right subs so he knows when it isn't quite working.

A weak manager would have taken Perez and Mitrovic off and put Cisse and De Jong on for them. But Rafa kept all his attacking players on bar Townsend and kept faith in them. It paid off.

Think he'll get rid of Sissoko on the left. Think he was only there to protect Colback. If we have one of our LB back, then Townsend would be there again. Sissoko can't go on one of his driving runs with his right foot playing on the left.

Break will be huge. Hopefully see a couple of options at the back reappear, especially on the left and he can start drilling an organised defence for the remaining games.

I'm hoping he's sussed Colback and only used him due to having no other option.

Think this fortnight international break might've come at the right time for us. 4-4-2 didn't seem to work for us today, need to either work on that or get 2 weeks of something else trained before the Norwich game.

gives him time to watch a few videos of the crap he has inherited

God, just thinking about it. It really would be torture. What an incredibly cruel tease to have had a genius in the dugout for a bit, only to have all that passion and reinvigorated hope just smashed again.

Absolutely vintage NUFC

Little thing, but I was impressed by how he handled the Mitrovic fiasco.

Yeah. Pretty sure I saw him saying it was his decision. Calm and collected under pressure. I still have faith in him to get us out of this mess.

For me our biggest threat at home Wijnaldum played deeper? Bad choice in the relegation fight.

Perez ineffective, Townsend unaware.

Sissoko just not a wide player.

Best on the field most natural roles Shelvey & Mbemba

Wijnaldum hasn't been our biggest threat home or away for about 3 months

Surprised how little we improved today. 10% atmost.

I am not getting on Rafa's back by any means but we still play like strangers.

This is the most diffcult thing to fix, i am sure Rafa will get it eventually but we might not have enough time.

We need to start playing like a team if we want to get out of this and now its doesn't look like its moving that way yet.

I think it's the whole derby thing. They are always different to normal games, the intensity from Sunderland in the first half was enough to stifle us on the ball. They faded in the second half protecting their lead and that allowed us back in to the game, of course with Rafa making the right changes too.

It was just the perfect appointment for us, at the wrong time unfortunately, should have happened a month earlier. If he can somehow pull of a miracle here, we could have a very bright future presuming he stays.

For me our biggest threat at home Wijnaldum played deeper? Bad choice in the relegation fight.

Perez ineffective, Townsend unaware.

Sissoko just not a wide player.

Best on the field most natural roles Shelvey & Mbemba

Wijnaldum hasn't been our biggest threat home or away for about 3 months

He's a danger in the box. Playing deep yes he can do a bit, but we need to score a few, playinig him in cm i dont agree, sorry.

The guy can do a job further up, ayoze was innefective in a derby, at worst id have pushed him wide where his assist came from.

Anyone know how many players we have going away on international duty? If the bulk are staying we have two weeks to work on a game plan for Norwich.

Despite our terrible away form all season, for the remainder at least, I can see us being better away from home.