Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He's experienced in dealing with tosser boards/owners mind.

Set us back a f***ing decade did those b******s  :huff:

Least you got rid of yours

They weren't married to theirs though.

I have to admit i'm not a massive fan of the 4-4-2 we're playing.  I think the players we've got are more suited to a 4-2-3-1.  Saivet or Tiote sitting giving Shelvey license to get forward.  SDJ playing off Mitro and Sissoko and Townsend on their correct sides.

I think we'd be much more solid with that and not get so badly overrun in midfield.  Perez and Gini on the bench to bring on as impact subs of if we need to change it up a bit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa is doing what any world-class manager would do, he's looking at every aspect of the club because he could be here for a good few years if we miraculously stay up and the owner and his muppet of an MD start running the club professionally. I guarantee he won't be here next season though. The club will look for a cheap alternative to get us back up and there is no way Rafa would stay because he will have lots of options here and abroad.

If we do stay up though and the muppets in charge let him get on with things, we could kick on massively. We don't even need to spend mega money to get there either because Rafa is someone who believes in 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts' philosophy. Liverpool overachieved looking at them individually as did Valencia.

As happy as I am about his appointment and as much as I admire and respect Rafa, I just can't get excited about anything at the moment. Even if we stay up we still have Mike Ashley as our owner and Charnley as our MD.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was serious, I think we should look at Steve Bruce to lead our promotion charge.

Him and Mick McCarthy are as good as it gets at getting teams promoted. Hughton could well follow suit...

I was serious, I think we should look at Steve Bruce to lead our promotion charge.

Him and Mick McCarthy are as good as it gets at getting teams promoted. Hughton could well follow suit...

Has Hughton achieved anything since leaving us?  Genuine question by the way.  Been out of touch with football so long, I've no idea about anyone.  Rafa's brought me back. :aww:

Has Hughton achieved anything since leaving us?  Genuine question by the way.  Been out of touch with football so long, I've no idea about anyone.  Rafa's brought me back. :aww:

Decent job at Birmingham, got Norwich promoted, now has Brighton heading the right way

Guest Howaythetoon

Didn't he relegate Norwich? Either way he is doing the kind of job he did here, steady, decent football, decent results and general progress. I fucking love Hughton btw, had we kept him and just let him manage the players we would have been much better off. He for me is up there with KK and Sir Bobby as genuinely lovely blokes who just command respect not even for their skills or what they achieved etc.

I don't really get the love for Hughton, although I agree he seems a nice bloke and he was mistreated by Ashley. Then again, he would never have been near the Newcastle job under a normal owner and he didn't do anything particularly special.

Nice man but I wouldn't mention him in the same breath as the likes of Bobby.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't really get the love for Hughton, although I agree he seems a nice bloke and he was mistreated by Ashley. Then again, he would never have been near the Newcastle job under a normal owner and he didn't do anything particularly special.

Nice man but I wouldn't mention him in the same breath as the likes of Bobby.

He gave us a promotion winning season, a great season in many respects. We came up and thrashed Villa, the mackems, beat Arsenal away. He got a side of misfits performing in Barton, Nolan, Carroll etc. Howay, nice bloke or not, he did a fucking great job here on a par with any given the circumstances. After the 6-1 to LO many were predicting a Portsmouth scenario or worse. He ranks 3rd to KK and Sir Bobby for me as our best ever managers since Joe Harvey.