Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Another article from Moncur, at least I think it's a different one and he doesn't come out too badly in this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-asked-hed-stay-11098645

Bob Moncur holds meeting with Rafa Benitez and relays wishes of Newcastle United supporters to club's new boss

Rafa Benitez has been asked to stay on at Newcastle United - even if the club are relegated this season.

Club director Bob Moncur held a face to face meeting with the former Real Madrid and Liverpool boss this week and told him that the fans are desperate to see Benitez rebuild the club no matter happens this season.

Moncur remains part of the club’s football board and in his Chronicle column this week described the appointment of Benitez as a “coup” for the club.

Now, Moncur, speaking in an interview with the Scotsman, said: “I was trying to get him to commit to the club long-term.

“Everyone expects him to leave if we get relegated but I told him he was the future.

“He could re-build us and hopefully make us great again.

“I told him I was speaking on behalf of all the fans, those poor, long-suffering folk who sing Blaydon Races in all weathers.

“I got quite emotional as I was speaking to him and could feel myself welling up.

“That happens more since my cancer.”

However, Benitez’s response left Moncur impressed.

He said: “I like Rafa .

“He’s a football man, very sincere, and he looks you straight in the eye.

“I told him it would reflect well on him if he didn’t just walk away.

“But I couldn’t quite get the answer I was looking for, other than: ‘Bob, we won’t be relegated.’ I told him that impressed me, although had to add that I’ve seen more of this team than him and know what they can be like.

“Plus, I’m a dour Scotsman who tends to look on the black side.”

I'm sorry... but that's worse! :lol:

For the love of god, f***ing stay up.

Yep. As many have said, going down doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as losing him does.

It would be the most frustrating thing to have ever happened to nufc in my lifetime, and I include the title chases in that.

love this bloke and would be devastating if he left and a part of me thinks even if we go down he will stay and hopefully the love he recieves from us may convince him

More likely is we go down, he decides he wants to stay and the muppets in charge manage to cock it up.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like the guy and rate him highly, I always have done, but some of the high praise and love in from fans say more about how appalling we have been over the years and the standard of managers or head coaches we have had to put up with and that's sad.

The man wears South Park socks and is hailed a genius. He gets a photo taken with a fan and he's hailed a genius. Etc. etc. I know I'm exaggerating of course, but still...

Part of me hopes we do go down because this club in its current guise isn't fit for a manager like Benitez, probably the only professional at the club skilled enough along with his coaching staff. Plus I would rather MA loses out financially and lose the exposure of SD than see us do well under the cunt, I really would.

In fact I would rather watch an NUFC not owned by Ashley in the conference over an Ashley owned NUFC in the PL. That's what this cunt and his cronies have done to me, effectively killed what I once had for this club - love, passion, hope and above all else, belief in it and everything about it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bloody hell, how the Benitez rhetoric on here has changed since he was our manager :lol:

I'm sure Parky killed him off with a thread on here!

:lol: Aye, but everything to do with LFC is quite rightly despised.

I dunno about the "rightly", but the contempt is readily apparent.

All the same, I find it highly amusing that the entire forum has suddenly come around to my way of thinking :lol: