Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I honestly think he would stay, but I 100% don't trust the fat fucking miser to do what it takes to keep him. Toys will be out of the pram because of the relegation and he'll blame everyone but himself.

John 'Ricco' Richardson (Express I think) has tweeted that he's heard Rafa would stay after relegation providing he could make wholesale changes throughout the club.

No idea of his previous reliability but do know he's a NUFC fan.

Let him have Carr and Charnley's roles in addition and we'd be taking a step in the right direction.

Or ideally let Rafa appoint two people to work with him for the scouting and day-to-day running of the club.

Exactly. With his contacts he must know plenty of people who would be up to it, and just having competent people on the top roles would make a huge, huge difference.

As with everything though.....but Ashley  :'(

Even if I could manage to somehow convince myself that Benitez would ignore the inevitable job offers he's going to get this summer and stay I still can't believe Ashley would consider paying a proven PL manager a PL manager's wage in the Championship. Hard to say which party would want the termination of his contract more tbh.

Me neither,but I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

Ashley knows relegation would bring a huge shit storm his way. His only trump card to keep the fans happy is Rafa.

They've proved time and time again that they'll be more than willing to watch any old shite in absolute silence whilst paying through the nose for the privilege. 

Ashley knows relegation would bring a huge shit storm his way. His only trump card to keep the fans happy is Rafa.

They've proved time and time again that they'll be more than willing to watch any old shite in absolute silence whilst paying through the nose for the privilege. 

I'd also think the Wongaloids would gulp down the preferred media partner propaganda about how Rafa's inexperience in relegation battles is what took us down and his inexperience in the championship would stop us coming back up. Or, Ashley wouldn't give a shit about the fans, as per.

I'd also think the Wongaloids would gulp down the preferred media partner propaganda about how Rafa's inexperience in relegation battles is what took us down and his inexperience in the championship would stop us coming back up. Or, Ashley wouldn't give a shit about the fans, as per.

Why do people say stuff like this? :lol: Yet to come across a single person who isn't fully supportive of Benitez or unaware that he's been brought in far too late.

Why do people say stuff like this? :lol: Yet to come across a single person who isn't fully supportive of Benitez or unaware that he's been brought in far too late.

Can't stand Pearson, would hate him to manage us.

We're rotten from top to bottom, we need a dictator imo, someone who runs the whole thing. Not a head coach type, but a proper manager. Every level of the club, from scouting to academy needs major surgery. If it isn't rafa, I hope they give it to moyes and give give him full control of the lot.

A short term appointment to get us back up just delays this process for me.

Totally agree on Pearson. He'd be horrendous.

Some dopes next to me at the Southampton game on Saturday were complaining about Rafa (not ready for a relegation team..................) and hailing the virtues of Nigel Pissing Pearson. That's our own fans.

It's cool as fuck to rip on the match goers.

Like they're the fucking issue, man.

Wongaloids man, wongaloids. And fair play Matt, but I'd imagine that opinion is representative of about 1% of out fanbase. Certainly nee fucker I've came into contact with.

He knows it'll bring no such thing.

One thing you know for sure, there's going to be hell on once relegation is finally confirmed. Even the happy clappers and the 'soopafans' will be looking for someone to blame. Club will go quiet, as they did back in 2009.

:lol:

Really?

I'm not sure there is 'hell-on' at the moment - there is among those who stay away like myself and others, but inside St James Park - apathy reigns supreme. The players, the owner and the board have had an easy ride, thus far.  That's what I was getting at.