Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Can't trust Ashley but I can't see ANY reason why you'd pick Graham Carr and a transfer policy over one of the best managers in the world.

£££

That doesn't work, we've spent almost £80 million in 12 months and we'll be lucky to get half of that back now.

Can't trust Ashley but I can't see ANY reason why you'd pick Graham Carr and a transfer policy over one of the best managers in the world.

£££

That doesn't work, we've spent almost £80 million in 12 months and we'll be lucky to get half of that back now.

Cheaper transfer policy or a manager that might make him spend more money? We know his form.

The comment about "not about the money" is huge. Rafa doesn't want 150m to spend on players but he wants the money spent on the right players,however much that may be.

If he doesn't stay here as manager I think it's clear as day that the future for the club is very very dark. He wants to see the club are prepared to push the boat out and aim to be a success.

Everything has failed for Ashley. This is his last chance to get it right and Rafa could really save his arse.

Upgrading the training ground, the wages of Rafa and his staff and the root and branch review of all areas of the club will all cost a lot less than the fee wasted on Thauvin. It's a massive job which needs to be done. Give the job to someone who is qualified and actually wants to do it.

Wouldn't be the first time a manager has said something the fanbase wants to hear so he doesn't get negative reactions when he decides to leave.

Not saying that's what he's doing but him saying that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things and it also doesn't mean that he's been f***ed over by the ownership either.

Still don't think he'll stay but if he decides to then fair play because I wouldn't if I was him.

Anfield HQ ✔ ‎@AnfieldHQ

The Benitez family are once again stumping up around £12,000 to send 39 disadvantaged children to Disneyland Paris this autumn. #lfc

Anfield HQ ✔ ‎@AnfieldHQ

@AnfieldHQ Montse Benitez has also pledged to repeat the gesture every 12 months having been buoyed by its success.

The gulf in class between Rafa and Ashley is unimaginably huge.

Among Ashley's many faults, one of the biggest is crushing the sense of community of the club and its connection to the city.

Even aside any donations he makes, Rafa gets it.

I think it's worth it to have been relegated if it forces this group to give Rafa everything he needs to transform the entire operation.

If he stays and professionalizes every aspect of the club, from the currently dismal youth setup, to training, to transfers -- and he will have demanded the remit to do just that -- then we could be in a position in a year's time where we are in far better shape top to bottom. If the club fucks this one up, well, that could be it for us, for a long, long time.

We have been hanging on by a thread for years. The thread finally snapped. Now what will these geniuses come up with?

Media will desperately be trying to get him to leave. Already seeing all the 'Real Madrid to the Championship in one year' articles.

I mean, it's true but  :lol:

I've heard so many sh*theads spout something along the lines of 'Barcelona to Burton Albion in 18 months haha lol bantz'. And it's always Burton Albion, which now is becoming a fixture i'm genuinely looking forward to. They are too it appears....

Newcastle is the big one for me. Villa may be ex European champions but Newcastle are on a different plane.

Does that mean that the great Rafa will be standing on the touchline at the Pirelli?!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting mildly ridiculous - it's like a silly dream. Is it just me? Somebody pinch me...

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2441/newcastle-visit-pirelli

Newcastle is the big one for me. Villa may be ex European champions but Newcastle are on a different plane.

Does that mean that the great Rafa will be standing on the touchline at the Pirelli?!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting mildly ridiculous - it's like a silly dream. Is it just me? Somebody pinch me...

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2441/newcastle-visit-pirelli

I was thinking about this earlier. What has been the national reaction to AV going down ?

“Whether it’s in the Championship or the Premier League a coach’s job doesn’t change too much. Winning trophies around the world and being in the Champions League is what you’re looking for, but I’ve already done these things. I decided to come here because I knew it could be a big challenge and could also be really important for my future.”

That's one hell of a positive quote there.

“I can still see the potential here. It’s a massive club. If I stay, my target is to have one year in the Championship and five in the Premier League.

They better not fuck this up! If one fan dares boo tomorrow ban the cunt for life