Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

This blokes career record is just insane.

A total of 971 games managed,winning 493,drawing 238 and losing just 240! With a GD of + 639.

Win % of 50.77.

We need this man to stay here for the next 10 years.

Whoa, that IS impressive.

(Fingers crossed thae next three years doesn't destroy it.)

What's that a 26-27% loss rate in nearly 1,000 games?

We're used to managers with that as a career win rate [emoji38]

Away games only for me!

Aye, same here, which is devastating having returned home after a decade but I'm not giving that c*** a f***ing penny.

Will have to see about the most friendly away games to take the bairn to, see if I can get her into it. We've just moved close to Middlesbrough so all she's hearing about is Boro atm. Gonna have to nip that in the bud.

Leeds away is like running through meadows with flowers in your hair

Away games only for me!

Aye, same here, which is devastating having returned home after a decade but I'm not giving that c*** a f***ing penny.

Will have to see about the most friendly away games to take the bairn to, see if I can get her into it. We've just moved close to Middlesbrough so all she's hearing about is Boro atm. Gonna have to nip that in the bud.

Leeds away is like running through meadows with flowers in your hair

Things certainly have changed then since the days of getting chased on and off buses by the cunts.

He generally had good players when he got those stats tbf.

He won the Champions League with a side in which Djimi Traore was the first-choice left-back.

He may have "generally had good players", but he got great results out of them.

How does that record stack up with Mourinho, Ancellotti and so on out of interest?

Jose - P-765  W-505  D-154  L-106  WIN % - 66    :yikes:

Ancelotti - P-970  W-565  D-228  L-177  WIN % - 58.25

Wenger - P-1556  W-842  D-344  L-370  WIN % - 54.1

Pardew - P-782  W-332  D-184  L-266  WIN % - 42.5

Kinnear -  P-999  W-998  D-1  L-0  WIN % - 100

He won the Champions League with a side in which Djimi Traore was the first-choice left-back.

Sometimes teams can win with poor players in their midst. The format of the competition isn't even set up to find the best team.  I think thye season Liverpool won the champions league they weren't even the best team on merseyside (someone check that as I'm watching True romance and cant be arsed)

Wins

Mourinho 65.4%

Ancellotti 59.7%

Pep Guardiola 74.3%

Louis van Gaal 60.4%

Alan Pardew 41.6%

Sam Allardyce 36.3%

Losses

Mourinho 14.9%

Ancellotti 18.3%

Guardiola 10.3%

Van Gaal 20%

Pardew 36.8%

Allardyce 36.8%

Sometimes teams can win with poor players in their midst. The format of the competition isn't even set up to find the best team.  I think thye season Liverpool won the champions league they weren't even the best team on merseyside (someone check that as I'm watching True romance and cant be arsed)

Watching True Romance and responding to NO posts at the same time. :lol:

Your'e not really watching it mate.

I didn't even turn the lap top till after the Hopper/Walken scene.

Semi-save accepted. But just no man. NO is great and all but if you really want to watch True Romance then find a couple of hrs somewhere. Do it right.

Semi-save accepted. But just no man. NO is great and all but if you really want to watch True Romance then find a couple of hrs somewhere. Do it right.

Enemy of the state now. Am I allowed to browse while watching that ? (Lisa Bonet man FFS!!!)

This is in danger of replicating the Summer of Shearer when nee news was really 'no news'.  Now with the Man Utd managerial change expected to take up the press space for at least the next couple of days, that takes us up to Wednesday minimum before we can grab the empty gap to announce any uplifting story.

I can see this falling flat the longer this uncertainty goes on.

I can't remember their being any real indication that Shearer would stay that summer.  No meetings between him and the club and no noises at all from the club suggesting they wanted him.  So while I agree they need to get a move on I don't think its anything like that situation.

I can't remember their being any real indication that Shearer would stay that summer.  No meetings between him and the club and no noises at all from the club suggesting they wanted him.  So while I agree they need to get a move on I don't think its anything like that situation.

apart from the fat c*** releasing a statement saying that asking shearer to be manager was the best move he'd made, despite relegation.

Ashley said that hiring Shearer was the best decision he'd ever made and he insinuated that he was the future.

I agree we had the pretend sale of the club going on as a backdrop mind but with the 9 years worth of history and that last statement that said there'd be greater communication, they wonder why there's no trust.

We are still only beginning the 2nd week of the 'up to 2 weeks' Benitez stated for a decision.

Suggestions last week that an announcement could be today/tomorrow.

Don't really see the Man U situation affecting when/whether we announce it.

Still think if it wasn't going to happen, we'd have heard that (from Rafa) by now.