Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

really? I think he'd be ideal.

I doubt he'd work with out lot for too long, 10 games at this stage of the season shouldn't create too many problems.

well, aye, you're right there mind.

£250 placed on Rafa to be our next boss at 4/1 this morning.

It's now as short as 6/4 with some bookies.

Erm...

:lol: I was wondering if he was joking. Does he realise?

Realise what?

I'm wondering too. I don't visit the bookies but isn't 4-1 an 20% chance of winning, whereas 6-4 is a 40% chance?

£250 on a market like that will massively change the odds. I have seen manager odds change from 50/1 to 5/1 with a couple of hundred staked on it.

Basically, you are the main reason he went from 4/1 to 6/4. :lol:

EDIT: You and the others in here. :lol:

No way Rafa joins unless the people in charge can convince him we actually want to qualify for the CL and will at the very least invest like we believe that... he'll probably demand to have total control over transfers

Correct sadly.

Erm...

Realise what?

I'm wondering too. I don't visit the bookies but isn't 4-1 an 20% chance of winning, whereas 6-4 is a 40% chance?

£250 on a market like that will massively change the odds. I have seen manager odds change from 50/1 to 5/1 with a couple of hundred staked on it.

Ahhhhh!, Cheers. I was looking for his maths to be wrong or something. That explains it.

No way Rafa joins unless the people in charge can convince him we actually want to qualify for the CL and will at the very least invest like we believe that... he'll probably demand to have total control over transfers

Correct sadly.

Or he could come for just the 10 games and all of that wouldn't matter.

Erm...

Realise what?

Ahhhhh!, Cheers. I was looking for his maths to be wrong or something. That explains it.

Could still win like. Would be a nice take.

Thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't thought of that.

Correct sadly.

Yeah true, if we only want him as a temp.

He would of course demand total say over transfers, and this could be the silver lining. The club were quite insistent on any coach or manager coming in would have to be 100% ok with being a puppet essentially.

The situation that they find themselves now, they cannot afford to keep taking this stance. It's a system that's been proven not to work.

No manager worth his salt would work under conditions like that.. which is why we've nearly been relegated so many times in recent seasons.

If they want to be saved by a competent manager, they have to change.

Correct sadly.

What would that do for Rafa? he doesn't need the money like that nor is it worth the potential damage to his reputation. Failed at Newcastle, hounded out at Madrid after 7 months, his successor is doing better with Napoli. Now... I think he has a great chance of getting the Valencia job. Relegate us and they look elsewhere as his rep tumbles.

He wouldn't get the blame regardless, it will be looked as a win-win situation for him IMO. Keep us up and he'll get the credit for " saving " us, fail and the reaction will be " well they were already going down anyway ".

Exactly. Puts him back in the spotlight as well, that too in the premier which is where his heart is. Maybe not at this club but for 10 games? Why not?

An ambitious Newcastle on the other hand would be a draw for any manager, shame that's not likely to be the case.