Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I know everybody on here has been going spare about Rafa not going for it at home, but really our biggest problem in the games we've struggled in has been the soft goals we've conceded at daft times. He'll be looking at that rather than throwing the kitchen sink in attack. Shelvey was a disgrace in allowing the space and time for the Norwich lad to pick a corner to curl one in for them to take the lead, and I still don't know what Colback's role is  other than to pick up pointless yellow cards. We can't keep giving away cheap goals and expect to walk this division.

We've had 40 shots at goal against the two other relegated teams, and that's us meant to have been dodgy and Rafa getting it wrong.

This is the thing really. Although there are issues (Diame) we should have destroyed Norwich and Villa with slightly better finishing. That's why Rafa probably won't make us more attacking - he doesn't need to.

We've had 40 shots at goal against the two other relegated teams, and that's us meant to have been dodgy and Rafa getting it wrong.

And we comfortably swatted Brighton aside too. Don't think any of those teams have had more than 10 shots against us, while we've had numbers in the twenties.

This is the thing really. Although there are issues (Diame) we should have destroyed Norwich and Villa with slightly better finishing. That's why Rafa probably won't make us more attacking - he doesn't need to.

I do think we could rape someone like Rotherham if he drops Diame for Mitrovic though.

We won the game today on the basis of having two strikers on the pitch though, so I think he needs to be more open to doing at home.

I think most people would have taken only dropping 4 points from Brighton, Derby, QPR, Wolves, Villa and Norwich. With an easy set of fixtures coming up, hopefully we can now push on.

Yep, 14 from 18 there is basically top-of-the-table stuff. Looks so, SO much better after a win tonight.

I think most people would have taken only dropping 4 points from Brighton, Derby, QPR, Wolves, Villa and Norwich. With an easy set of fixtures coming up, hopefully we can now push on.

We've come through that run of fixtures very well. :thup:

We won the game today on the basis of having two strikers on the pitch though, so I think he needs to be more open to doing at home.

it's not even more open, it's more balanced in this division NOT to play Gayle as a lone through the middle up top striker.

Yep, 14 from 18 there is basically top-of-the-table stuff. Looks so, SO much better after a win tonight.

Draw and a loss in there? 5 points dropped, 13 out of 18?

Draw and a loss in there? 5 points dropped, 13 out of 18?

Mis-typed, my bad.