Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I've not been comfortable with any of our results or performances ever since we lost at Hull in the league cup. Barring the wins against Brighton and Huddersfield, don't think I've felt totally happy during or after a game. That loss to Hull has made a big difference to my season.

He said today that he didn't understand how we can perform so differently from Friday, but he changed half the bloody team, I'm sure that had some effect.

The two worst changes were Mbemba and Mitrovic (unless they were carrying injuries), both had decent games and Friday and would have surely had some confidence coming in for the first time this season, plus they have hardly played so certainly wouldn't have been tired.

Promotion will be a great achievement and all that mattered imo.

This is a tough league! Have anyone noticed how Villa and Norwich are doing? Were we really much ahead of them when we went down, if we do not take the manager into consideration?

My primary disappointment have been that not many of the younger players have really broken through, but I blame that more on the players themselves than Rafa.

Guest neesy111

I personally think it's a dreadful league, especially when I watched that Derby vs Huddersfield match after ours.

Promotion will be a great achievement and all that mattered imo.

This is a tough league! Have anyone noticed how Villa and Norwich are doing? Were we really much ahead of them when we went down, if we do not take the manager into consideration?

My primary disappointment have been that not many of the younger players have really broken through, but I blame that more on the players themselves than Rafa.

We've spent more on players than anyone but villa - I know it was balanced in monetary terms but the squad is still expensive in championship terms.

Great achievement my arse.

If we fail to go up it's a huge failure, especially from the position we were in, not sure it's a great achievement at all if we do go up, it's job done and move on, that's all.

Underwhelming so far as NUFC manager in my opinion, expected us to be a team who were consistent and you sort of know what you're getting every time they step out onto the pitch, all we've had so far is major inconsistency across the season, some truly baffling tactical decisions and heads dropping all over the place when things get tough. A lot is to do with some of the dross still in the ranks and who we've brought in of course, but who had the summer to bring in the right players? The manager.

Best we'll get and by no means would I want him gone (sick of having to write this disclaimer) But I don't think its over the top to say hes been disappointing in full results and performances wise.

Think we'll just end up squeezing promotion, and just hope hes given some serious backing in the summer to kick us on, hopefully more suited again as a premier league manager.

Ashley will be looking at this though and probably be thinking about giving control back to Carr (In Ashleys mind not mine)

If we fail to go up it's a huge failure, especially from the position we were in, not sure it's a great achievement at all if we do go up, it's job done and move on, that's all.

Agreed, though I don't discount the amount he's had to do behind the scenes at the same time to try and make it operate like a proper football club again. Lots of which was absolutely laughable.

Underwhelming so far as NUFC manager in my opinion, expected us to be a team who were consistent and you sort of know what you're getting every time they step out onto the pitch, all we've had so far is major inconsistency across the season, some truly baffling tactical decisions and heads dropping all over the place when things get tough. A lot is to do with some of the dross still in the ranks and who we've brought in of course, but who had the summer to bring in the right players? The manager.

Best we'll get and by no means would I want him gone (sick of having to write this disclaimer) But I don't think its over the top to say hes been disappointing in full results and performances wise.

Think we'll just end up squeezing promotion, and just hope hes given some serious backing in the summer to kick us on, hopefully more suited again as a premier league manager.

Ashley will be looking at this though and probably be thinking about giving control back to Carr (In Ashleys mind not mine)

This is a pretty unfair criticism, IMO. He's basically tried to rebuild a whole squad in a single summer for a club in a not-so-desirable situation. When you have a massive turnover change like that, there's going to be plenty of wastage. That's a hangover from years and years of horrific recruitment - we still lack balance and I imagine it'll take another window or two to fully rectify it.

The fact we've somewhat struggled despite having a world class manager only highlights to me what an absolute clusterfuck this season would've been had he left.

We would be looking at Villa and Norwich and feeling jealous I reckon.

Guest chopey

I would love to think Rafa could work with Carr in the summer because between him and the Terrahawk he has brought in some good players, I would just hope that Rafa has final say.

The fact we've somewhat struggled despite having a world class manager only highlights to me what an absolute clusterfuck this season would've been had he left.

We would be looking at Villa and Norwich and feeling jealous I reckon.

Quite possibly.

I would love to think Rafa could work with Carr in the summer because between him and the Terrahawk he has brought in some good players, I would just hope that Rafa has final say.

:lol: :lol:

He also said that he couldn't get the players he wanted in the summer because they wouldn't want to play in this division.

Doesn't change the fact he has the most talented group of players in the division. Im sure about 100% of championship managers could/would say the same. Failing to get promoted with this squad would be a massive failure and fuck up regardless of lack of investment in january/not getting wanted players in the summer.

That beeing said, Im extremely confident that he will take us up, and few bad games where we have our key spine in the team out with injuries doesn't change that.

I like that he is keeping true to his philosophy as I think it will make the team more prepared for better teams next season.

He also said that he couldn't get the players he wanted in the summer because they wouldn't want to play in this division.

Doesn't change the fact he has the most talented group of players in the division.

I'm not sure this is true tbh.