Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Carr leaving worried me tbh.

Him staying would be far more worrying, like. We've got no need for a DoF with an understated title.

What I meant was that I felt it was a sign of unresolved troubles behind the scenes. Don't think the club wanted it tbh. Ashley is still going to want his way.

If you choose to beleive he is busy leaking his disappointment to the press thats up to you.

Only the sane would, thanks.

What a fucking lemming

We went through all of this less than 5 months ago, man. :lol: Rafa said to the camera he was disappointed after QPR and reiterated the need to have his ambitions respected at the end of the season in the press. Every bit of evidence you need is there. Stop disregarding it because you're making yourself look foolish.

That LeJeune deal looks really fishy now, with Nangala being mentioned in that article.

Is he trying to be forced on Rafa as an alternative, because they didn't want to do the deal for Mangala? Could be the reason it has stalled.

Semedo was another in the Mangala mode who apparently Rafa had been keen on even at previous clubs. That didn't pan out either.

Something is definitely not right.

The fact we haven't added to the squad yet isn't really the issue in play, even with all the money in the bank due to Rafa losing his best players last summer. It's the fact that once again, for the second time in a couple of months in fact, our manager - the best we can ever hope to attract - is having to go through the press to drive home the importance of the club matching his ambitions. It's absolutely fucking pathetic.

The fact we haven't added to the squad yet isn't really the issue in play, even with all the money in the bank due to Rafa losing his best players last summer. It's the fact that once again, for the second time in a couple of months in fact, our manager - the best we can ever hope to attract - is having to go through the press to drive home the importance of the club matching his ambitions. It's absolutely fucking pathetic.

welcome to the big league, fees are huge and FMA is pissing himself Rafa senses this and we are risking it all

£30 million gets you decent at best, £10 million gets rank average it seems, we keep hunting for the bargain buys all the time

Scumbag, s***-stirring press to my mind. If we haven't secured 2-4 signings in the next fortnight then I'll start to worry.

This is a Rafa leak.

That seems to be what many believe too. Can't be doing with the degree of certainty some people have in their anxiety or paranoia driven assumptions. If you're not ITK, ask yourself how you know what you're certain you know? We would have a better pre-season if we take a bit of responsibility for not stirring the shite/ spreading the wildfire stench of UDG (urine drenched gussets).

Burnley, Chelsea, Southampton, Swansea, WBA, Spurs, Palace: zero signings to date.

Bournemouth, Arsenal, Huddersfield, Man U, NUFC, Stoke, West Ham: 1 signing to date.

Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Watford: 2 signings.

BHA, Everton: 3 signings.

Can anybody see anything unusual in our transfer activity to date, this Summer?

(Premier League.com)

Burnley, Chelsea, Southampton, Swansea, WBA, Spurs, Palace: zero signings to date.

Bournemouth, Arsenal, Huddersfield, Man U, NUFC, Stoke, West Ham: 1 signing to date.

(Premier League.com)

Its usual Im afraid of- we need something unusual here to avoid the same previous shit.

This is journalists taking an absolute fucking liberty with something he may have said in the January window.

They have nothing to write about because all they can do is link us these players which never comes to anything.

Tammy Abraham seems like a nightmare to deal with, or his whole entourage.

If we were truly in for him my guess is the moment the wild requests started coming in, Rafa said no because dressing room team spirit is important to him. He's not gonna sign someone who is going to unsettle things.

Journalists reason he must be frustrated by the market which then snowballs to him being on the brink of walking. It's nonsense and trouble making.

Any of the journos engaging in this story should be unfollowed, fucking teach them that writing click bait is not good enough.

Not one quote in all of those articles.

(Premier League.com)

Its usual Im afraid of- we need something unusual here to avoid the same previous shit.

:thup:

I don't really count the Atsu signing given he's been here a year already. We needed to add to last season's squad with quality and quickly. So far we've failed and there's no excuses for that.

To my mind there are two potential possibilities here.

1. There has been a kick off this week which has ultimately resulted in Carrs departure. The Sundays have got wind of it either before or after Carr left and have decided to print now anyway because a) it was a good story and would be a shame to waste it and b) you know, clickbait.

2. The club are fucking about again either penny pinching or flat out refusing to pay the going rate for reasonable players, possibly due to this lawyer dickhead deciding he needs to make an impact and hoy his weight around. If this is the case, Rafa will be properly fucked off because, like the rest of us, he can see this squad will struggle not to go straight back down without substantial investment.

Clearly no.1 is the better scenario, whereas no.2 would be cause for serious concern. I'm not #itk or anything but I'm struggling to think of any reason to give Ashley/Charnley the benefit of the doubt based on their past performance.

In fact, when the best argument you can make that the regime are competent enough to back rafa is along the lines of "surely they can't be stupid enough to do the same thing again" then I'd say it's actually looking pretty grim and people are justified in showing concern.

Obviously fingers crossed it's just a storm in a teacup like.

(Premier League.com)

we are new, we need quite a few players, we need to get a shove on, the ones above are established with PL squads already

To my mind there are two potential possibilities here.

1. There has been a kick off this week which has ultimately resulted in Carrs departure. The Sundays have got wind of it either before or after Carr left and have decided to print now anyway because a) it was a good story and would be a shame to waste it and b) you know, clickbait.

2. The club are f***ing about again either penny pinching or flat out refusing to pay the going rate for reasonable players, possibly due to this lawyer dickhead deciding he needs to make an impact and hoy his weight around. If this is the case, Rafa will be properly f***ed off because, like the rest of us, he can see this squad will struggle not to go straight back down without substantial investment.

Clearly no.1 is the better scenario, whereas no.2 would be cause for serious concern. I'm not #itk or anything but I'm struggling to think of any reason to give Ashley/Charnley the benefit of the doubt based on their past performance.

In fact, when the best argument you can make that the regime are competent enough to back rafa is along the lines of "surely they can't be stupid enough to do the same thing again" then I'd say it's actually looking pretty grim and people are justified in showing concern.

Obviously fingers crossed it's just a storm in a teacup like.

:thup:, especially the bit in bold.

Guest firetotheworks

Yet again people being condescending as fuck when Mike Ashley is our owner. Unbelievable.

It can't be easy getting players in the current climate. Clubs are asking £50 mil for rank average players, Stones at Man City is a classic example.  We need at least 4 or 5 players and even with a £100 mil it gets you not a lot better than what we already have.  Rafa will not blow money for the sake of it, he will find what he wants at a price he's happy with or he won't buy and that is the right thing to do

I wonder what Ashley makes of working with Rafa. He's used to being surrounded by submissive nobody's kissing his bottom in appreciation of the fact they got a job they're completely unqualified for, and that he can push around at will. Rafa obviously doesn't fit that profile and presents a treath to the way he likes to operate. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he privately thought is more hassle than he's worth, especially now it's job done and we're back on the gravy train. Guess we'll find out this summer if anything has changed or not, because I doubt Rafa will put up with going into the season with a squad destined for relegation.