Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

As has been mentioned somewhere, in order for the club to look in a certain state at a particular time, it seems fairly obvious that cash wont be spent until the new season year which runs from July 1st - June 30th.

Maybe this is to make the books look better for any eventual sale or not, im not sure how it works.  For example, spending the alleged 'every penny from promotion etc'.  When is that factored in?

The championship season as it stands saw us expect to break even with the £30m or so turnover drop wiped out by the transfer dealings, a spend of an alleged budget of £70m in this financial period (1st July 2016 - 30th June 2017) would show on the books as a massive loss for the year would it not?

Just waiting until a period where guaranteed monies will hide or wipe out what could be classed as a loss one week but not noticed the next just makes better financial sense in regards to the book value but obviously pointless in our eyes as the every day supporter.

Fuck me, I know what I think I mean but I dont think ive explained properly.  Basically I think things will start to click from this weekend on.

As has been mentioned somewhere, in order for the club to look in a certain state at a particular time, it seems fairly obvious that cash wont be spent until the new season year which runs from July 1st - June 30th.

Maybe this is to make the books look better for any eventual sale or not, im not sure how it works.  For example, spending the alleged 'every penny from promotion etc'.  When is that factored in?

The championship season as it stands saw us expect to break even with the £30m or so turnover drop wiped out by the transfer dealings, a spend of an alleged budget of £70m in this financial period (1st July 2016 - 30th June 2017) would show on the books as a massive loss for the year would it not?

Just waiting until a period where guaranteed monies will hide or wipe out what could be classed as a loss one week but not noticed the next just makes better financial sense in regards to the book value but obviously pointless in our eyes as the every day supporter.

Fuck me, I know what I think I mean but I dont think ive explained properly.  Basically I think things will start to click from this weekend on.

i think along the same lines as you tbh, there's going to be a massive hole in the finances for this (last) year as it is so adding another £50m of spending into that won't look good, presume like all businesses they have targets/KPI's etc. to aim for

Guest neesy111

Don't what to believe over our transfers in all honesty.  Charnley will be treble time in July hopefully.

Currently the discussion on TalkSport Drivetime show. Rob Lee apparently informing them that any signing over £15m has to be run past MA.

Hi Rob. :hello:

Slight difference... :lol:

It was discussed in here that it was £15m max per player. What I'm repeating is that is £15m no questions asked but any higher then it has to be run passed MA for him to ok it.

Guest chopey

I have total faith in Rafa but I could really do with him putting my head in his bosom and telling me everything will be OK.

See that clearly is just scaremongering. What he's saying is obvious. Doesn't take a genius to figure out Rafa will be pissed off if we don't start getting bodies in before/during early pre-season.

See that clearly is just scaremongering. What he's saying is obvious. Doesn't take a genius to figure out Rafa will be pissed off if we don't start getting bodies in before/during early pre-season.

:thup:

Big difference between that and what was reported on Sunday.

Its quite normal for a manager to have to imform the owner and run it by him when hes about to break the clubs transfer record fee

It would happen at pretty much every club

ashley runs the club as a 'business' as well, it's also very normal for employees to have a spend limit they can do anything they want within (so to speak) but have to seek approval to go above it

very different thing from what was said by shintons which was it won't be exceeded

Guest reefatoon

Rafs is obviously just being a bed wetter for not being happy about no singings in June. He should know fine well that it is all about July.

Its quite normal for a manager to have to imform the owner and run it by him when hes about to break the clubs transfer record fee

would it though? Especially when your previous record fee is basically the average going price for decent players these days? Sure, at Madrid or Man U or PSG or someone splashing out 50m+ the bosses get involved. 15m though? What is there to discuss?

would it though? Especially when your previous record fee is basically the average going price for decent players these days? Sure, at Madrid or Man U or PSG or someone splashing out 50m+ the bosses get involved. 15m though? What is there to discuss?

depending who you believe that could be 20% or more of our entire season budget, not impossibly ashley has asked to be kept informed of such a spend

Guest reefatoon

If he has given Rafa "every last penny" to spend as he said, then he should pipe down and let Rafa spend it how he wishes.

ashley runs the club as a 'business' as well, it's also very normal for employees to have a spend limit they can do anything they want within (so to speak) but have to seek approval to go above it

very different thing from what was said by shintons which was it won't be exceeded

Exactly

depending who you believe that could be 20% or more of our entire season budget, not impossibly ashley has asked to be kept informed of such a spend

So I think there's a distinction between your post and the one I quoted. The OP mentioned specifically "running it by him", which implies getting consent, and not just "kept informed of".

Either way, I was more getting at the fact that breaking our (rather small) record transfer fee means very little in an era of inflated player valuations and shouldn't be the baseline for "need to talk to the owner to get approval"