Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It's blatantly bollocks, not sure why anyway posts it tbh. All it does is spread fear and panic.

Normally I would agree but you just never know with this Club.  Something hasn't been quite right for weeks - clearly Rafa has been made false promises so why wouldn't he walk?

Aye but it's just a random twitter account, if it came from any form of media I'd believe it but not some random twitter bollocks.

For example I believed the whole frustrated Rafa stuff from the outset but this?  Nah.

Was this posted :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-carver-benitez-ashley-transfers-13257141

Mike Ashley will back Rafa Benitez 'one million per cent' says John Carver

Former Newcastle United coach John Carver doesn't understand how percentages work

Former Newcastle United caretaker manager John Carver says Magpies’ owner Mike Ashley will back current boss Rafa Benitez ‘one million per cent’ in this summer’s transfer window.

The 52-year-old spoke to talkSport and moved to reassure United fans that Benitez will get the backing promised as the Premier League season approaches.

He said: ““Absolutely. One million per cent because I know where the football club is now. It’s in a sound position.”

Carver believes the transfer strategy used last season - buying players with Championship experience to guarantee promotion - was a clever move as it not only helped Benitez achieve that goal but also gives the Spaniard ‘assets’ to sell.

He added: “If you think of the assets, and it was clever business last season by Rafa, you look at the assets they’ve got there and they’ve got a lot of good Championship players and there will be sides in the Championship knocking on Newcastle’s door to try and get them because they all want to get back in the Premier league. So they’ve got five or six players who are saleable assets there and that will be extra money to go into the coffers along with the money they’ve received from promotion and the money they’ve made in the past.”

Some United fans are beginning to worry with the lack of transfer activity, and Benitez himself is becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of signings but Carver believes everything will work out okay, and is happy to see a different approach to one his predecessors worked under.

“I think there is money there to be spent for sure. I’m delighted to see how they’ve changed their policy and allowing the manager to pick the players. There’s even less on the staff now to make those decisions.”

The Sun Football  ‏Verified account

@TheSunFootball

Follow

More

Rafa Benitez prepared to walk away from Newcastle before Premier League begins

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3916487/newcastle-united-rafa-benitez-transfer-news/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSunFootball:TwImageandlink:Statement:Sport

Nothing new. :lol:

We already know if we don't strengthen that he'll walk and we'll be relegation fodder. Just seems more shit stirring.

Lots of people wetting their knickers over a load of absolute toss on twitter and in the Sun, calm down, ffs.

Edit - I take that back actually. There wasn't lots of people. I'm just sick to the back teeth of the hand-wringing in this thread.

Can probably put this in here as well:

NUFC 360‏ @NUFC360  2h2 hours ago

Yes, we have heard of the rumour that Rafa has walked.

No, we don't believe it for half a second, and you shouldn't either. #NUFC

Kris Woods‏ @kriswoods84  29m29 minutes ago

If this is true and I for one don't believe one word of it then this would be a massive contradiction to what was discussed last night

mark brewer‏ @brewa1  21m21 minutes ago

Can you give us any updates from last night ?

Kris Woods‏

@kriswoods84

Replying to @brewa1 @NUFC360

Yeah it was a positive forum. A lot of progress to be made in the next few days. Club were very open.

Can probably put this in here as well:

NUFC 360‏ @NUFC360  2h2 hours ago

Yes, we have heard of the rumour that Rafa has walked.

No, we don't believe it for half a second, and you shouldn't either. #NUFC

Kris Woods‏ @kriswoods84  29m29 minutes ago

If this is true and I for one don't believe one word of it then this would be a massive contradiction to what was discussed last night

mark brewer‏ @brewa1  21m21 minutes ago

Can you give us any updates from last night ?

Kris Woods‏

@kriswoods84

Replying to @brewa1 @NUFC360

Yeah it was a positive forum. A lot of progress to be made in the next few days. Club were very open.

That's remotely positive so it won't be believed.