Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think I'll always feel like we're on borrowed time under this tenure.

this sums it up basically, though i'm i have no immediate worries about things

problem might be, as you've said, if we're starting to come together this season and looking good other clubs in the PL will be eyeing him enviously and will obviously offer him more than we will :undecided:

He's clearly had offers from overseas clubs but he wants to stay in England which is lucky for us as it reduces the number of teams that could offer him an escape out.

Maybe the guy is just a professional who loves a difficult challenge, and maybe he doesn't subscribe to the outrage culture we seem to be living in modern times. Maybe he sees enjoyment in overcoming adversity, and not hoying toys out the pram at the first sign of trouble.

I know Rafa ideally wants to stay here, but I wonder how long it will be before he decides that it could take too long to see this through even as a project. It seems we have less spending power than even the smaller clubs in the premier due to the relegation, and it could take a couple of years to catch up again. He's going to have to be prepared to grind through some difficult times before we are anywhere near where he would have been expecting.

I'm certain he will look to improve us with a few more signings (hopefully) before the summer window ends. He will do the same in January. He will then expect a full year worth of TV money, prize money etc and other future payments will have arrived from sales etc. and he'll continue to strengthen next summer. I think if he's stuck having to haggle over small fees and loans NEXT summer, we'll see him depart.

I think its a bit delusional at this stage to say his time isn't limited. All the signs are there that this is taking a nosedive.

He's basically admitted that we have a load of rubbish players who we can't shift, but have to because that is our fucking shithouse policy. As I said the other day, a group of players signed years ago in an attempt to try and beat the system- low/no fee, but Premiership wages. These weren't well researched players, they were fucking cheap and that's all that mattered to the total cunts running our club.

They showed total disregard for club legends such as Keegan and Shearer, shit from a monumental height on the gentleman (and savior) that is Christ Hughton in favor of Alan Pardew, yet they won't force Rafa out? Come off it.

Our transfer policy is evidently unchanged, and this whole 'every last penny available' stuff was just PR bait to shut us all up, including Rafa.

We're back in the game- re the PL money game. We're here to survive and cash in on the TV deal, we're not here to progress and build a legacy under Benitez and win trophies, qualify for Europe etc. I'm at the end of my tether with the club at this point, what's the fucking point.

I can see it now, after we get tonked 4+ nil vs Spurs ...

"Rafa, what was your summer preparations in terms of transfers like? Did you get the support you thought you would get from Mike after his comments at the end of last season ?"

"I'm just focused on coaching and training the team"

I think he'll stay beyond the window, but he's obviously unhappy about how slow it has went. He said at the talk in that he had basically secured four players, who, for one reason or another, went elsewhere. (Caballero, Abraham, Semedo could be three?).

It's clear he wants a keeper and wants a striker. I think other than that, he's happy enough with the squad. We've signed a centre back, a centre midfielder and a winger, plus Atsu and Manquillo.

I believe we'll secure both a new keeper and a striker, though I think it'll be our 4th, 5th, 6th choice of targets given how late we're leaving it.

He also said at the talk in that the main objective this season is survival. He'll be wanting to finish as high as possible but if we come 15th, 16th at least we're safe, and will have massive TV money to come in. I think like others have said, next Summer, if he is still here, will be test - he'll want to sign £20m-£30m players. If we don't, he'll go.

Guest firetotheworks

Just keep an open mind. There's no way any of us can know either way unless they know, or know someone who's definitely itk.

if he'd been lied to by them he'd be gone, it's as simple as that, so whatever is happening he's accepting the justification for as part of a bigger picture we can't see

He's got a threshold, Mojo. He's got a threshold for the abuse that he will take. Now, right now, he's a fucking race car, all right? And Mike's got him in the red. And I'm just saying, I'm just saying that it's fucking dangerous to have a race car in the fucking red, that's all. He could blow.

Anyone go with the theory that we might be up to our limit on FFP in regards to wages, not that I have any idea that we are or what that means. Hence needing to let players go.

Obviously Fat Mike doesn't want to pay too many players is the real answer.

if he'd been lied to by them he'd be gone, it's as simple as that, so whatever is happening he's accepting the justification for as part of a bigger picture we can't see

Or the enthusiasm and love for the job could be gradually getting chipped away as he realises it's not like the brochure. He's not going to leave right now, but if the next big job comes calling he might decide there's not that much reason to stay after all.

He's got a threshold, Mojo. He's got a threshold for the abuse that he will take. Now, right now, he's a fucking race car, all right? And Mike's got him in the red. And I'm just saying, I'm just saying that it's fucking dangerous to have a race car in the fucking red, that's all. He could blow.

:lol:

We have 31 man squad so far, we can only register 25 now we are back in the PL and from those we have to have 8 home grown, last year there was no registration limit for players.

I make our squad so far

Krul (HG)

Elliott (HG)

Darlow (HG)

Dummett (HG)

Haidara

Clark (HG)

Hanley (HG)

Lascelles (HG)

Good

Sterry

Mbemba

Lazaar

Yedlin

Gamez

Lejueune

Manquillo

Atsu

Colback (HG)

Ritchie (HG)

Shelvey (HG)

Hayden (HG)

Diame

Aarons (HG)

De Jong

Saivet

Murphy (HG)

Merino

Perez

Gayle (HG)

Mitrovic

Riviere

We wont need to register as under 21

Woodman

Armstrong

Barlaser

We need to trim about 6 or 7 players from the above before we can buy anyone else so Krul, Hanley, Lazaar, Gamez, Haidara, De Jong, Colback, Riviere however we are finding it hard to get rid because they are crap/on silly wages.

I think that's why there's been no movement on transfers, realistically until some of the crap is gone our hands are tied.

Our hands aren't tied, we could actively try to push them out and even subsidise a part of their wages to avoid making too much of a loss on them. Ashley wants his cake and to eat it, he wants to sell them and make the maximum possible on them, yet is never willing to spend even half of this 'maximum' desire he has to sell players for as much pittance as he can get on actually signing players that will make him more money in the long run by staying and competing in the league.

This window has been an absolute joke so far, if we don't have a decent 'keeper and Lucas Perez by the end of the window it will be an absolute disaster that maybe even Rafa can't save us from.

John Richardson saying Rafa's even more p*ssed than previously:

He also said we'd sign Grosicki.

Didn't realise it had already been posted. But tbd theres been a few deals supposedly lined up by Rafa that have then not been followed through on. Possible Grosiki could be the same? Also possible he's talking bollocks but i'd doubt that seeing as he does know Rafa well.