Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rafa wanted to go out and improve with the likes of Townsend in January and wasn't backed. Had he been backed we probably would have walked the rest of the season.

According to Mark Douglas' book, he wanted Townsend, Loftus-Cheek and Delph in January, all on loan (albeit with loan fees) and clauses in their contracts that if we were promoted, their transfers would all be made permanent for an additional fee on top of that. Promotion effectively sealed and half of the recruitment for the summer done in January. Why they didn't go ahead with that I've no f***ing clue, absolute c***s...

This is typical of the short-term view the club takes.  There is no way we could afford them now but we could if we had done the deals in January.

Ashley seems to want to sabotage his own investment so can anyone explain why he does this ?

The guy is a classic for thinking he knows best and surrounding himself with cheap yes men. He's also a gambler, but when it comes to Newcastle there's no value to him to finish high up the table and spend to get there, it's about spending the least and just surviving. That is where the profit is coupled with pumping free and global Sports Direct branding down our throats.

You have to remember that Mike Ashley isn't a sports fans in the slightest. He doesn't think in terms of fans dreaming of winning things or being excited by signing top players and trying to play top football. He just wants to keep the free global advertising money train going in this league and make profit on selling on cheap players.

To us under funding your team is essentially shitting on your fan base and hopes for survival or more, to Mike Ashley it's the thrill of knowing better than others and finding a crafty way to stay up on the cheap regardless of how s*** the football gets or how much it tramples on the very essence of supporting a football club.

A sane football fan will never understand Mike Ashley. A greedy, egotistical, selfish business parasite would be high fiving him on a job well done.

Quoted for truth.

Anyone remember when we were in the Championship and had to convince players to come to play at that level?

Anyone remember when we were in the Championship and scored as many goals as anyone else in the league, with the best goal difference of anyone?

Anyone remember why we are called deluded and expect too much too soon?

We're a club being rebuilt after a decade of almost complete mismanagement. It'll take time. There will be lots of signings that don't work out (like every manager in history has had), and this is made worse when your first choice targets aren't being funded or are allowed to slip away. There will be plenty of matches where we have to grind out results, because for at least this season, staying up is everything. Literally nothing else matters, certainly not attractive football. Everyone wants us to score loads of goals, but it isn't always possible.

Honestly, boils my p*ss that people are so impatient. Sometimes I think we deserve all the f***ing pelters we get.

I've got no problem with this post IF Rafa stays.  If Rafa gets frustrated and leaves then all hope is gone.

Anyone remember when we were in the Championship and had to convince players to come to play at that level?

Anyone remember when we were in the Championship and scored as many goals as anyone else in the league, with the best goal difference of anyone?

We're a club being rebuilt after a decade of almost complete mismanagement. It'll take time. There will be lots of signings that don't work out (like every manager in history has had), and this is made worse when your first choice targets aren't being funded or are allowed to slip away. There will be plenty of matches where we have to grind out results, because for at least this season, staying up is everything. Literally nothing else matters, certainly not attractive football. Everyone wants us to score loads of goals, but it isn't always possible.

Honestly, boils my piss that people are so impatient. Sometimes I think we deserve all the fucking pelters we get.

Well said.

I'd like to think it's a handful of onliners. Perhaps not.

Honestly, boils my piss that people are so impatient. Sometimes I think we deserve all the fucking pelters we get.

You get the club you deserve.

:smitten: < Them hearts are for you Dave.

Amen to that

I think there are some overreactions on both sides like, one to us starting poorly and some to the people being worried about it. Obviously you have the nutters who say get rid of Rafa, erm no.

The thing that's concerning, well for me anyway is the lack of anything other than plan A with Rafa. I know that i and lot of others keep going on about two up top, but it's not really that, it's the lack of variety in all our play, especially when it's not working when the opposition have the upper hand. That's just a concern not wetting the bed and wanting Rafa out, because as we've seen he does bring goals and the right results. But he's going to struggle if he isn't bought better players for a better league. The introduction of Merino is going to change a lot imo, the ball is going to go through him and Shelvey, we just need that 10, so very very much for Rafa's 4-2-3-1.

Better players will bring better results and better football, and obviously we are desperate for a proper 10, LB, GK etc, we can all see it and can see why Rafa wants the players he does. With Ashley at the helm we have no chance of that right now, i suppose these debates and concerns are just going to carry on until Ashley fronts up the money or Rafa walks. The latter being a dreadful thought which we will all regret if it happened.

I think there are some overreactions on both sides like, one to us starting poorly and some to the people being worried about it. Obviously you have the nutters who say get rid of Rafa, erm no.

The thing that's concerning, well for me anyway is the lack of anything other than plan A with Rafa. I know that i and lot of others keep going on about two up top, but it's not really that, it's the lack of variety in all our play, especially when it's not working when the opposition have the upper hand. That's just a concern not wetting the bed and wanting Rafa out, because as we've seen he does bring goals and the right results. But he's going to struggle if he isn't bought better players for a better league. The introduction of Merino is going to change a lot imo, the ball is going to go through him and Shelvey, we just need that 10, so very very much for Rafa's 4-2-3-1.

Better players will bring better results and better football, and obviously we are desperate for a proper 10, LB, GK etc, we can all see it and can see why Rafa wants the players he does. With Ashley at the helm we have no chance of that right now, i suppose these debates and concerns are just going to carry on until Ashley fronts up the money or Rafa walks. The latter being a dreadful thought which we will all regret if it happened.

Colour me daft but I think the recruitment should be beholden to the vision and system the manager wants to play. Think there are a lot of mental gymnastics going on to circumvent the seemingly unchangeable situation regarding our owner. Of course Rafa isn't immune but there's nothing to say his tactics don't work in this league. Spurs is no Yardstick, Huddersfield could have gone either way and the cup is the cup. I also think social media caricatures many points of view. It's toxic.

Colour me daft but I think the recruitment should be beholden to the vision and system the manager wants to play. Think there are a lot of mental gymnastics going on to circumvent the seemingly unchangeable situation regarding our owner. Of course Rafa isn't immune but there's nothing to say his tactics don't work in this league. Spurs is no Yardstick, Huddersfield could have gone either way and the cup is the cup. I also think social media caricatures many points of view. It's toxic.

It's not that his tactics won't work, it's more when it any certain game we need something different he just goes like for like. It's only a concern as i think we'll be ok, well if we sign a couple soon. Aye a manager should get the players he wants to fit his system, that's the part that is really worrying, how long will Rafa put up with that not happening.

Started reading Rafa's Way last night. Great read so far, onto page 68 or so.

It mentions he was alarmed by the mindset of the fans after we lost the first two games last season. He says that the club needs the fans to stick by them and trust in what they're doing.

Fast forward 12 months and we've lost the first three with the cup game.

It's frustrating, but I believe Rafa will see us safe if, and I know it's a big if, we can sign a couple of players in the next 6 days.

The Indi article with Hayden mentioned us needing a forward sharpish as we've had 39 shots in the first 3 games and no goals. Mitro clearly isn't the answer. Edit: aside from the two vs Forest :lol:

1. Atsu got the other.

He means the no goals comment, not meaning Mitro got both

The Indi article with Hayden mentioned us needing a forward sharpish as we've had 39 shots in the first 3 games and no goals. Mitro clearly isn't the answer. Edit: aside from the two vs Forest :lol:

1. Atsu got the other.

No he didn't.

1. Atsu got the other.

tumblr_nyq3fefHe61tq4of6o1_400.gif

1. Atsu got the other.

No he didn't.

All look the same marra

1. Atsu got the other.

He means the no goals comment, not meaning Mitro got both

This man has it together.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/25/newcastle-united-manager-rafael-beinitez-resigned-lack-investment/

“My aim is trying to improve things,” said Benitez, whose side host West Ham this weekend still searching for their first win of the season. “So when I leave, whenever it is, I would like to be sure that the team and the football club will be better.

“Normally, managers talk about projects saying they need four or five years. I’m not talking about that, because you never know in football. But when we came here we knew there were some issues and we had to improve things.

“I am sure we have improved some things. But we need to improve more.

“The reality is that Mike [Ashley] was very clear in his [sky Sports] interview. We are where we are. If you cannot pay £25 million and the commission and the wages for a top quality player, then you have to go to another kind of player.

“I could do two things. One, stay here and say ‘listen, we were not spending, doing this or that’, or take the risk. I will sign this player that I know is not in the 11 starters, but maybe will give us a back-up which we didn’t have last year.

“I am signing the players that I can, not the players that I want. The market is the market and the money available is the money available.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/640205/Rafa-Benitez-future-Newcastle-Transfer-News-Mike-Ashley-Stevan-Jovetic-Dennis-Praet

“What I want is that we have a football vision which allows the business to be productive and make a profit but football has to be a priority.”

“Don’t forget, I went to Real Madrid – no project. Napoli, Inter, no project,” he added.

“In England you can talk about when I went to Liverpool, we said ‘oh, in three years we can start challenging for the title.’

“In Europe, it was more difficult to do that.”

“When I said I would stay, it was because of the city, the fans, the stature of the club and to be close to my family.

“We won the Championship and made a £30m profit. I had a meeting with Mike and was expecting we could be in a better position than we are now.

“We are not. We will see if we can improve as much as we can this week. I will try to do my job.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4824376/Newcastle-boss-Rafa-Benitez-ropes.html

It was the use of that word — project — which was most telling. Why? Well, there no longer is one. Instead, Benitez is talking of the day when he will leave the club.

‘Normally, managers talk about projects saying they need three, four or five years. I’m not talking about that, because you never know in football,’ he said, ignoring his statement from May, the month in which he signed a three-year contract.

‘My aim is trying to improve things, so when I leave, whenever it is, I would like to be sure that the team and the football club will be better. When I said I would stay (in May) it was because of the city, the fans, the stature of the club, the Premier League and being close to my family.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4824376/Newcastle-boss-Rafa-Benitez-ropes.html#ixzz4qnzzwfKT

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook