Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/rafa-benitez-reveals-why-he-s-no-longer-looking-long-term-at-newcastle-1-8722895

"People say you have to spend. Do you think that we made an offer of £16.5million for Dennis Praet? So who wrote we made an offer of £17.5million?

“I know where we are. I am trying to work with these limitations, trying to do our best.

“I don’t want to come back to whether or not I’m happy. I know the position, and now I have to try to improve the team and we have some days to do it.

“Then we will see after, how much the team can improve.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/25/newcastle-united-rafael-benitez-mike-ashley-signings

Why doesn’t Rafa walk out?

For assorted reasons, most notably loyalty. Behind that sharply forensic, ruthlessly analytical mind, lurks a football romantic who relishes the adoration of Newcastle’s fans and is excited by the club’s immense potential. Benítez does not want to let those supporters down – or his staff and players. A confirmed Anglophile, he enjoys the Premier League and wants to remain reasonably close to his Merseyside-based family. Then there is the compensation clause in his contract which is understood to stipulate he, or another club, must pay Newcastle around £6m if he resigns.

If he leaves I'm gone, simple as, I can't follow what Ashley has turned this "club" into and if he loses the best thing that's happened to it since sir Bobby then he can fucking rot in what's left of it for me.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/25/newcastle-united-rafael-benitez-mike-ashley-signings

Why doesn’t Rafa walk out?

For assorted reasons, most notably loyalty. Behind that sharply forensic, ruthlessly analytical mind, lurks a football romantic who relishes the adoration of Newcastle’s fans and is excited by the club’s immense potential. Benítez does not want to let those supporters down – or his staff and players. A confirmed Anglophile, he enjoys the Premier League and wants to remain reasonably close to his Merseyside-based family. Then there is the compensation clause in his contract which is understood to stipulate he, or another club, must pay Newcastle around £6m if he resigns.

His agent will be on the phone to China.

If he leaves I'm gone, simple as, I can't follow what Ashley has turned this "club" into and if he loses the best thing that's happened to it since sir Bobby then he can f***ing rot in what's left of it for me.

:thup:

Me too.

If he leaves I'm gone, simple as, I can't follow what Ashley has turned this "club" into and if he loses the best thing that's happened to it since sir Bobby then he can f***ing rot in what's left of it for me.

Me too. Said it for some time and it might happen sooner than I think.

Guest neesy111

Mike Ashley really is a fucking idiot, best thing to get fans back onside etc and he just car crashes the whole scenario because he likes doing things his own way.

ditto - are hard as it will be I've just had enough.

Aye 6 million is nothing for a club to pay these days, if West Ham want him they'll have no trouble paying it.

I'd imagine even if he doesn't have something lined up the compensation wouldn't be too much of an issue, even if he pays it he'll make it in his next job within no time