Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

@MsiDouglas said on his FB page that talks where held (Charnley, Bishop & Rafa) and they were supportive of Rafa #NUFC

Taken from NUFC360 so no idea if accurate.

So the whole point of the meeting was to tell Rafa to shut up and do his job (which we know they'd never have the balls to say to his face, unless that sort of dirty work is what the lawyer's been brought in for. Could imagine Charnley poking his shiny little head over his shoulder like the pathetic little fart is as he gets someone else to do his job). Yet this talk was all supportive of Rafa? How does that work? :lol:

Yesterday's win was exactly what Newcastle United needed: proof that NUFC can compete at that level & also - after some frankly ridiculous punditry from the likes of Souness and company over the last fortnight - proof of the worth of Rafa Benitez to the club.

Yet the story isn't over yet. Thursday is going tp be a fascinating day and the run up to the deadline is going to be very busy. Newcastle will contemplate any deals that upgrade the squad (even Dwight Gayle has been linked with a move away today) - but they HAVE to sell before any significant deals are done.

What I'd be hoping as a best case scenario after that is the situation calms down, West Ham don't come calling & a bit of stability follows. Mike Ashley seems to be pushing back against some of Rafa's public complaints: the owner believes he hasn't broken any promises & there's mistrust on both sides now. Communication between them is needed - but in the meantime Rafa spoke to Lee Charnley & Keith Bishop yesterday, who were supportive.

I think yesterday showed how powerful NUFC can be if they're united. I think Rafa felt that yday & he certainly recognises the importance of his bond with the support.

So a big seven-10 days ahead: I can see some interesting deals being floated & possibly completed...

@MsiDouglas said on his FB page that talks where held (Charnley, Bishop & Rafa) and they were supportive of Rafa #NUFC

Taken from NUFC360 so no idea if accurate.

So the whole point of the meeting was to tell Rafa to shut up and do his job (which we know they'd never have the balls to say to his face, unless that sort of dirty work is what the lawyer's been brought in for. Could imagine Charnley poking his shiny little head over his shoulder like the pathetic little fart is as he gets someone else to do his job). Yet this talk was all supportive of Rafa? How does that work? :lol:

Yesterday's win was exactly what Newcastle United needed: proof that NUFC can compete at that level & also - after some frankly ridiculous punditry from the likes of Souness and company over the last fortnight - proof of the worth of Rafa Benitez to the club.

Yet the story isn't over yet. Thursday is going tp be a fascinating day and the run up to the deadline is going to be very busy. Newcastle will contemplate any deals that upgrade the squad (even Dwight Gayle has been linked with a move away today) - but they HAVE to sell before any significant deals are done.

What I'd be hoping as a best case scenario after that is the situation calms down, West Ham don't come calling & a bit of stability follows. Mike Ashley seems to be pushing back against some of Rafa's public complaints: the owner believes he hasn't broken any promises & there's mistrust on both sides now. Communication between them is needed - but in the meantime Rafa spoke to Lee Charnley & Keith Bishop yesterday, who were supportive.

I think yesterday showed how powerful NUFC can be if they're united. I think Rafa felt that yday & he certainly recognises the importance of his bond with the support.

So a big seven-10 days ahead: I can see some interesting deals being floated & possibly completed...

:thup: Makes sense. Cheers.

This week has a very end game feel to it. Basically Keegan all over again, Ashley wants him out. I'm leaning towards him staying out of loyalty to the fans, but obviously it won't go beyond this season. But, there's also every chance it all explodes.

Either way, we're not getting the players we need.

If Rafa goes, it's the last time anything other than a Yes Man gets appointed under Ashley.

I took the Bairn to see Morpeth Town play last week - that way is the future now, I think - to avoid the inevitable hurt when the hope is taken away by Fatman and Thumbheed.

If Rafa goes, it's the last time anything other than a Yes Man gets appointed under Ashley.

I took the Bairn to see Morpeth Town play last week - that way is the future now, I think - to avoid the inevitable hurt when the hope is taken away by Fatman and Thumbheed.

Bishop next.

We're decided that he's leaving then?

Sooner rather than later, yep.

YANITED.

I'll start worrying again if we don't sign a single player before the deadline, which is looking likely by the hour unfortunately. Still clinging on to hope. Youthful naivety and all that.

Bilic being given 4 games to save his job apparently.

That's promising, you'd expect West Ham to pick up a bit when they play at home so hopefully they do and he stays on.

Their next 4 PL games are Huddersfield (h), West Brom (a), Spurs (h) and Swansea (h). I reckon he'll be ok.

He'd have gone already if it was that bad. Wouldn't be amazed if other clubs start sounding him out after the end of this week though.

:thup: