Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 20th March 2016 at 1:30PM (live on Sky)

Andy84

Allardyce, Advocaat, Poyet and Di Canio all lost their first Sunderland match before winning the derby. Time for Benitez?

Biggest game in a lifetime, as if this game needed any more pressure. I can't see a scenario where Sunderland lose but can certainly see a 1-1 draw.

Elliot

Janmaat - Mbemba - Lascelles - Colback

Tiote - Shelvey

Townsend      Wijnaldum            Perez

Doumbia

4-4-2 went quite well against Leicester but Sunderland play with 3 midfielders so I feel we need to match that.

Van Aanholt looks a more likely goalscorer than any of our lot. We have better players, we just left too many incompetents in charge for too long. Rafa knows what he is doing, he's just been left with too little time to do it in the games that matter.

If we score first, we win.

Lately seem to play well without presenting much goal threat to the mackems. The side eventually concedes and collapses like a pack of cards.

With Mitrovic leading the line, I don't feel massively confident about the first part of that storyline changing (but may get lucky, who knows). Hopefully Benitez ensures the second part is more remote though.

Can see it being a draw.

Like the earlier post said, we need to score first. Concede and we'll spend the whole match chasing and will get an equaliser late at best. Get a goal early and try get more. GD needs to be improved.

A draw is not enough. Win. Win. Win.

Fuck me this is going to be tense.

I had this strange feeling of care for the club again yesterday. Normally i would just dont give a fuck if we lost, but yesterday i had some outburst that scared my GF :lol:

Was refreshing to actually give a fuck, and the next match... Its a derby who normally is painful, but this time everything is at stake too.  :icon_puke_r:

Guest awaymag

Guys, we need positivity here (sound like McLaren) but we are in danger of talking ourselves into a defeat.  Papers want us down and so are churning out the pundits etc.  to re-enforce it.  We are playing Sunderland not Barcelona, we should beat, we will beat them and Norwich too.  Then we just have to match whatever the Mackems and Norwich do in the remaining games and we are safe.  No drama

Haway the Lads :D

Guys, we need positivity here (sound like McLaren) but we are in danger of talking ourselves into a defeat.  Papers want us down and so are churning out the pundits etc.  to re-enforce it.  We are playing Sunderland not Barcelona, we should beat, we will beat them and Norwich too.  Then we just have to match whatever the Mackems and Norwich do in the remaining games and we are safe.  No drama

Shirley you mean "ho'way" the lads?

Anyway,  I won't be watching this relegation death match, staying well clear .

I'm not nervous but I'm also not at all confident :lol:

Benitez has played it smart, IMO. He'll have been hoping we could nick a draw last night but I imagine the main aim was to preserve overall confidence and get some defensive team spirit going. Encouragingly, he said they'd be working on player movement this week. As long as they don't fanny out again, I don't think we'll lose.

Bit odd, but ok: VROOOOOOOM! VROOOOOOOOOOM!!!