Newcastle United 1-1 Sunderland - 20/03/16 - Post match discussion from p.47

BlufPurdi

Yes, we took far too long celebrating, we needed to win and time was running out. I was however far more pissed off that the referee only gave 4 minutes injury time; he'd booked Mannone for time wasting, Mitro had been knocked out and they'd wasted time for the entire second half. 4 fucking minutes, there was 6 minutes added onto a recent home game (a West Brom?) when you'd be lucky to find 2 minutes.

Guest neesy111

Yes, we took far too long celebrating, we needed to win and time was running out. I was however far more pissed off that the referee only gave 4 minutes injury time; he'd booked Mannone for time wasting, Mitro had been knocked out and they'd wasted time for the entire second half. 4 fucking minutes, there was 6 minutes added onto a recent home game (a West Brom?) when you'd be lucky to find 2 minutes.

4 minutes was a joke, they were time wasting all afternoon even at 0-0, were two big stoppages 2nd half and 6 subs.

Guest neesy111

To clarify, I thought they'd realise there were only a few minutes left. We needed to win, was expecting them to sprint back to the centre circle with the ball. :dontknow:

Were probably surprised that we actually got a goal, the goal came out of nowhere imo.

To clarify, I thought they'd realise there were only a few minutes left. We needed to win, was expecting them to sprint back to the centre circle with the ball. :dontknow:

Were probably surprised that we actually got a goal, the goal came out of nowhere imo.

Yedlin's foul throw caused it (in a round about sort of way)

Their time wasting today was possibly the worst I've seen. It's part of the modern game though, off the top of my head Stoke and West Brom both tried the same shit at our place this season. Shortly after we scored today the game was stopped for nearly three minutes while a mackem feigned injury, and they were doing it all afternoon.

It's spoiling the game but nobody seems interested in doing anything about it.

You could definitely see Mitro had been working on movement in the box, he had much more desire and had some set moves peeling off the defender

That 'Superior Striker' dude will have been stroking himself. One training session, and Mitro scores!!

Guest neesy111

Their time wasting today was possibly the worst I've seen. It's part of the modern game though, off the top of my head Stoke and West Brom both tried the same shit at our place this season. Shortly after we scored today the game was stopped for nearly three minutes while a mackem feigned injury, and they were doing it all afternoon.

The van aanholt cramp was an absolute joke, it's a pet hate of mine that play is stopped for when players get cramp.

Yedlin's foul throw caused it (in a round about sort of way)

Aye. We took the throw and they didn't touch the ball again before the it was in the back of the net.

Their time wasting today was possibly the worst I've seen. It's part of the modern game though, off the top of my head Stoke and West Brom both tried the same s*** at our place this season. Shortly after we scored today the game was stopped for nearly three minutes while a mackem feigned injury, and they were doing it all afternoon.

i agree totally, the horrible kunts did it from the start of the second half, it really looked pitiful to see...............typical BFS

Aye and the ref actually stopped the game himself there, didn't know cramp was a potentially life threatening condition.

Sunderland were time wasting from the 6th minute like, when they strolled over at snail pace to take a corner.

I thought Martin Atkinson was terrible today, every 50/50 challenge he gave in their favour. The Mitrovic shoulder-to-shoulder incident was absolutely embarrassing that he gave a free kick. He made no attempt to challenge their time wasting, its about time (excuse the pun) this became a mandatory yellow card a lot earlier - it'd soon stop it. The Arsenal (v Watford?) cup game comes to mind when Pantilimon could/should have received a second yellow for time wasting.

Thought overall a draw was fair, similar performance to the Leicester one imo but we actually got a goal. Shit first half and improved second half, with the subs making a good impact.

Slow but steady progress under Rafa, can see us getting out of this but we need to start turning 0 and 1 points into 3. Norwich is a huge game, possibly must-win rather than must not lose. Games against the likes of Villa, Swansea and Palace need to collect 3 points. Although looking at our remaining fixtures, we don't really have to face anybody special. Man City appear to have given up and Tottenham may have nothing to play for on the final day.

I don't think we were as dramatically bad as others are making out, it's certainly an improvement on the shit served up under Pardew, Carver and McClaren.

Guest neesy111

What was the confrontation between the 2 dugouts?  Saw handbags after we scored with one of their coaches in it.

Guest neesy111

The Mitro shoulder thing was really unlucky.

Shambles of a decision.  Atkinson lost complete control of the match in the last 15 minutes.

Well now you mention it, yes that's what we should have been doing. I was celebrating the goal too much myself to be pissed off that we weren't trying to win it. :lol:

We had the man advantage ffs too (on the barge)

I wasn't annoyed at all. It's been a while since we've scored and it was an important goal. Had Atkinson not bottled it and incorrectly called an attacking play we had in their final 3rd and such we should have had more chances on goal to win it.

I was more bothered at the end by the fact that Atkinson only added four minutes on and during those four minutes the ball was in play for about 20 seconds.

Yeah that pissed me off no end because we only got 5 mins of extra time when injuries and Sunderland time wasting mounted up to double that. I was really surprised when the whistle went because the ref had been pointing to his watch to pretend he was taking note of their time wasting.