Newcastle United 1-1 Sunderland - 20/03/16 - Post match discussion from p.47

BlufPurdi

Shelvey's good on the ball, but off it he's pretty useless. His tackling is clumsy and he's not the quickest. But then we had Colback and Anita playing there for most of the season so I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

I wasn't that impressed with Shelvey either tbh. He's clearly the best option for that role, but I don't think he's playing well at the moment.

Yes, not sure about him myself. Doesn't seem composed enough to me to be the player we need.

He was playing so deep today. That was always my complaint with Cabaye. Both players perform far better when they push up.

I wasn't that impressed with Shelvey either tbh. He's clearly the best option for that role, but I don't think he's playing well at the moment.

Slows things down too much for me its really frustrating.

Angry about Atkinson's call to bring the game down when Van Aanholt was laying around for his cramp, and we had a strong counter. The shoulder barge from Mitro. The hours of time wasting by their cunt of a GK.

Shelvey is about the only player who tries to move us forward with the ball :lol: he constantly makes runs and shows for the ball.

Obviously every now and again one of his passes will be dreadful, but he's by far a better option than any other player we have in that position.

What do people want? Colback is shit because he hides and is 'too safe' playing backwards, we finally get a man who constantly shows for it and passes forwards but is shit because not all of them come off.

The shoulder barge from Mitro.

That was simply shameful. Not even any doubt about one player being behind the other or using the arm, it was straight on shoulder.

Horrific call from the ref.

Shelvey is about the only player who tries to move us forward with the ball :lol: he constantly makes runs and shows for the ball.

Obviously every now and again one of his passes will be dreadful, but he's by far a better option than any other player we have in that position.

What do people want? Colback is s*** because he hides and is 'too safe' playing backwards, we finally get a man who constantly shows for it and passes forwards but is s*** because not all of them come off.

Aye, he takes risks with the ball, trying to play people in behind and looking forward. Yes it is not going to work every time but it is much better than sideways and backwards plebs like what we normally have.

Vs Norwich I'd hope for something like. We need goals asap, so support for our only natural goal scorer is essential.

Blob

Jan      Mbemba      Colo        Mbabu\Had

Sis        Tiote\Saviet      Shelvey   

Winny        Cisse        Townsend

I feel like a weight has been lifted now the game is out of the way.

It's possible that nerves and the occasion got to our players.

Now we've got through it, I think we'll start to see some improvements.

What do people want? Colback is s*** because he hides and is 'too safe' playing backwards, we finally get a man who constantly shows for it and passes forwards but is s*** because not all of them come off.

Aye, he takes risks with the ball, trying to play people in behind and looking forward. Yes it is not going to work every time but it is much better than sideways and backwards plebs like what we normally have.

If he keeps it relatively simple he'll be great but his game suffers because he looks to play the difficult ball too often. Maybe it's not him, maybe it's the shit positional sense of the players around him, I'm not sure it I've never been convinced by him.

Happy that the streak is over and happy that we rescued it - that goal could be massive.

And the 2nd half performance was so good that I think we could've won it. Quite the improvement on a shocking first half - a pathetic defensive display (especially Colback).

I liked Townsend, Mbemba, Perez and was delighted for Mitrovic. Compared to the 80th minute feeling, I feel happy and optimistic. Live to fight another day.

Don't really know what to make of that. Poor most of the game and a defeat would've been terrible. But we have 8 games left, it's so tight and a draw definitely keeps us in with a chance. Looks like we might've brought in Rafa too late though.

Our lack of fret up front is very worrying and fear it can't be fixed without new players.  To have someone like Defoe even.

I think it is fair to say Hippo heed's cowardice cost them the game.

Yup, Fat Sam, Pardew, Carver etc are all cut from the same cloth.

Carver's cloth is a bit baggier and creased like.

Colback is so bad that sometimes he looks like the worst player that have ever been in our colours.

The only positives about the bloke are that he was free and it pissed the mackems off, other than that there are simply none. I never wanted him, have never liked him (since his '3-0' celebration on the team bus when he was playing for the scum against us) and he has no soul. His ability is questionable at best so I really have no idea as to why we took him on it the first place, other than to wind up the inbreds.