Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester City - Post-match relief from p.39

Kaizero

I think it's a bit too easy to blame the players for not doing this all season. Confidence/motivation should come from inside to a certain extent, but the entire culture of the club has been one of failure for so long, it's a bit much to expect the players to go out on a match day like they're playing for Ferguson's Man Utd.

Aye it's a bit much to expect highly paid professionals to give their all when they turn out once a week or occasionally twice.

It's just not human nature. Whatever your job is, you need to feel a sense of purpose and have some positive influence coming from somewhere.

Another disgusting performance by the referee and officials, they were desperate for a Man City win, and Sky sports were desperate to just a Man City win.

A good spirited performance by us today, if we had that a few weeks ago then we would be out of the relegation zone.

Everyone played their part today, only Colback looked poor, Cisse could have got involved a little more as well. A shout out to both Tiote and Lascelles today though, both were on form and at their best.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the last time city failed to beat us in the league we went down that season  :lol: none the less I wouldve bit my balls off for apoint this morning.... Liverpool another team who have a European semi final in the back of there minds so they won't be 100% commited ? You never know

I think it's a bit too easy to blame the players for not doing this all season. Confidence/motivation should come from inside to a certain extent, but the entire culture of the club has been one of failure for so long, it's a bit much to expect the players to go out on a match day like they're playing for Ferguson's Man Utd.

Aye it's a bit much to expect highly paid professionals to give their all when they turn out once a week or occasionally twice.

Aye, the players have been an absolute disgrace for the majority of the season, the last two games doesn't change this.

Motivation obviously needs to come partly from the management but there can be no excuses for some of the performances they put in.

Another disgusting performance by the referee and officials, they were desperate for a Man City win, and Sky sports were desperate to just a Man City win.

Not sure that's quite true, a weaker ref could easily have given Aguero a penalty.

That should have been 3 points, but like was said before we expected nothing from this result so a point is a bonus. I figured we could have gotten 9 points including Swansea, with that we could realistically have 10 now. We've a good chance now.

Can't believe I've been watching the same team as has been playing all season, Rafa took his time but his drills are working. It got to a point where I was actually witnessing 1 touch passing, by Newcastle, against Man City. Defence were immense all game, Lascelle where have you been hiding? And Tiote looks like the player we originally bought! The only hope is that we can keep this intensity, work rate and determination up for the rest of the season, if we're gonna hit form, this is the time. Liverpool will be the hardest game of the lot, if we can avoid defeat in that we have an awesome chance.

It's just not human nature. Whatever your job is, you need to feel a sense of purpose and have some positive influence coming from somewhere.

Absolute tosh. Take in a Northern League game and you'll see players throwing themselves into challenges and playing like their lives depended on it with nothing really at stake and for little more than their travel expenses.

100% effort is a minimum requirement and a lot of players haven't given that this season.

Guest neesy111

All the millions Man City have spent and Navas is still starting for them, unbelievable

I think he's an excellent player, never understood the criticism.

Agreed, classy player.

All the millions Man City have spent and Navas is still starting for them, unbelievable

I think he's an excellent player, never understood the criticism.

What are you basing that off of?

Absolute tosh. Take in a Northern League game and you'll see players throwing themselves into challenges and playing like their lives depended on it with nothing really at stake and for little more than their travel expenses.

100% effort is a minimum requirement and a lot of players haven't given that this season.

That doesn't disprove what I'm saying at all, those Northern League players probably have a passion for what they're doing that (in part) comes from their team/club/manager etc.

I think it's an interesting debate anyway.

Not sure that's quite true, a weaker ref could easily have given Aguero a penalty.

It wasn't a penalty, just because he didn't buckle on that decision it doesn't excuse the decision for their goal and all the other decisions he gave there way throughout the game. Anita made a cynical foul in our own half to stop a player getting away with the ball and got a yellow card, 10 minutes later a Man City player does the same foul on the edge of the box and doesn't get a card.

Yeah but that would imply that success is the aim.