The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Flip is drunk asf.

You think Atletico are deservedly ahead?  Am I drunk asf. for thinking Bayern has been the better team?

Yes. Atletico had the more clear cut chances if anything. Could easily be 3-0. Beautiful game of football.

No.

Yes. Griezmann in the first half when he passed it to Neuer, and Torres hitting the post. What Bayern chances were more clear cut than that other than a couple of well hit long shots?

Martinez header I'd argue. Should've done way better. That's about it though.

Did Bayern shoot from inside the Atletico pen area at all apart from that single half chance (if that) at the end?

They did, imo bad finishing did them. Credit to Atletico when and where it's due, but they weren't as solid tonight as they were against Barcelona. Bayern exploited a lot of spaces between Savic and Filipe Luis and bad finishing did them in my opinion.

Flip is drunk asf.

You think Atletico are deservedly ahead?  Am I drunk asf. for thinking Bayern has been the better team?

Yes. Atletico had the more clear cut chances if anything. Could easily be 3-0. Beautiful game of football.

No.

Yes. Griezmann in the first half when he passed it to Neuer, and Torres hitting the post. What Bayern chances were more clear cut than that other than a couple of well hit long shots?

The Torres chance was the only one, don't remember the one from Griezemann, but thought Vidal now in the end as well as Lewan had two very good chances and Javi Martinez has to score from that header, it's basically a penalty. Thought they were much better and on a normal day they'd probably beat Atletico. Like I wrote above, don't think Atletico were as rock solid as they have been and a lot of space was given for first Coman (who btw didn't do anything of note when he actually had the ball, imagine if Robben was healthy) and then Douglas Costa.

Pundits surprised that Atletico haven't been called the spanish Leicester and are are possibly a 'slightly better' version.

Eeeeerm Atletico kind of got there first...

Ridiculous from pundits. Atletico have been one of the big side for three consecutive years.

Also, how fucking good isn't Simeone. I doubt that team plays that well without him running up and down the pitch with them :lol:

Yeah definitely didn't look as solid. That'll mostly be down to Godin missing. Hope he's back for next week.

Savic was decent in fairness but it'll be another level up at least at the Allianz.

Yeah definitely didn't look as solid. That'll mostly be down to Godin missing. Hope he's back for next week.

Will be a great tie next week. Another two games to look forward too. :thup:

Savic was decent in fairness but it'll be another level up at least at the Allianz.

He was, but Lahm also played so many balls between him and Filipe Luis. Not sure if it was because Coman and then Douglas Costa kept hugging the touchline but he seemed always late to his man even if he stopped them from working the ball into the box. Lewan, Vidal always got the ball in that area and on the other side it never happened with Gimenez and Juanfran.

He was. That dummy against Lahm >>>

I really wonder when people will turn on him like they did Mourinho, he's an amazing coach but it surprises me how little negativity he receives considering how his teams play.

If he moved to the Premier League he'd be turned on. Out of sight, out of mind.

Like Mourinho though he's a winner above all else. They're outstanding both.

I really wonder when people will turn on him like they did Mourinho, he's an amazing coach but it surprises me how little negativity he receives considering how his teams play.

people didn't turn on Mourinho because of the style of football.

You've got to factor that it's Atletico too.  This wouldn't run at the biggest clubs.  They're underdogs.

They're the 3rd highest scoring team in La Liga by a fair distance. 

There's a lot of crap cliches about Spanish football. Villarreal don't care too much about possession.  Don't score nor concede many and they've done very well this season.

I've just seen this news about Simeone getting a 3 game touchline ban for instructing a ball-boy to throw a ball on to the pitch so that an opposition attack gets pulled up.

He's been let off extremely lightly IMO. There's always been the danger that either someone in the crowd or on the touchline could do this, but thankfully the idea has never caught on. They need to stamp on this right away and make an example of Simeone.

It's a disgrace. He should have had a ban for an entire season.

I've just seen this news about Simeone getting a 3 game touchline ban for instructing a ball-boy to throw a ball on to the pitch so that an opposition attack gets pulled up.

He's been let off extremely lightly IMO. There's always been the danger that either someone in the crowd or on the touchline could do this, but thankfully the idea has never caught on. They need to stamp on this right away and make an example of Simeone.

Simeone didn't do shit from what I know, it was one of his coaches, he was just the highest ranked coaching staff so he got sent off.

I think that's correct anyway.

Simeone didn't do s*** from what I know, it was one of his coaches, he was just the highest ranked coaching staff so he got sent off.

I think that's correct anyway.

The ref had no idea at the time but it was a ball boy that Simeone is caught making a gesture towards just before he throws the ball on the pitch. The club are refusing to identify the ball boy as well.

Getting into a debate as to exactly what the right punishment should be would be a bit of a diversion. The point is that a 3 game touchline ban is setting the tariff way, way too low. There should be a significant deterrent to this form of cheating.

It's all too easy. You could get someone in the crowd to throw a ball on, or invade the pitch. If this sort of thing catches on as a tactic that can be used as a desperate measure, the integrity of the game is under real pressure.