The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Ireland 1 down at home to the mighty Belarus

Not surprised given the clip of their team. Very much a second string.

Given the clip of the ground there'll be some topless lads on horseback making an appearance later on by accident thinking it's the back field.

Ireland 1 down at home to the mighty Belarus

Not surprised given the clip of their team. Very much a second string.

Given the clip of the ground there'll be some topless lads on horseback making an appearance later on by accident thinking it's the back field.

Disco making excuses for Ireland :smitten:

Robbie Keane still playing?

Not starting and may not make the squad due to injury. He's just not good enough these days but at the same time about a third of the squad isn't good enough

He's the only striker the Irish have, and ever will, produce. Will be wheeling his arthritis riddled corpse out in 50 years time.

Long's pretty good like

He's the only striker the Irish have, and ever will, produce. Will be wheeling his arthritis riddled corpse out in 50 years time.

Must have forgotten the Shane Long screamer to sink the Germans.

I can't wait to watch us lose to Iceland tomorrow. I have near Pardew-esque hatred for the current Norway manager.

I've always wondered - is there a big rivalry between the Scandinavian nations? Like, do you see the Swedish as Mackem-esque, for example?

I can't wait to watch us lose to Iceland tomorrow. I have near Pardew-esque hatred for the current Norway manager.

I've always wondered - is there a big rivalry between the Scandinavian nations? Like, do you see the Swedish as Mackem-esque, for example?

Depends on which sport.

IMO, I'd say that in football, there's more of a Sweden - Denmark rivalry, ice hockey it's Sweden - Finland and in cross country skiing it's Norway - Sweden.

Obviously can't speak for the rest of the Scandinavian counties, but that's how I'd say it feels over here.

Depends on which sport.

IMO, I'd say that in football, there's more of a Sweden - Denmark rivalry, ice hockey it's Sweden - Finland and in cross country skiing it's Norway - Sweden.

Obviously can't speak for the rest of the Scandinavian counties, but that's how I'd say it feels over here.

Finns like to claim they hate Swedes (in everything) but I can tell that deep down they love them really. Though obviously they like to beat them in whatever they're competing in

Doesn't get much nawtier than Cross Country Skiing away.

:lol: :lol:

Interesting insight though. Scandinavians seem quite placid in comparison to other footballing nations, wondered if they dispute who's more Viking than the other or something