The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

This is the best Man Utd team in a very long time.

They're going to win the league by at least ten points and you can quote me on that.

They've bought really well, spent a load but you've still got to buy well and they have. The entire spine of the team is stronger and I'd expect them to challenge at the top all season. Not sure they'll walk the league but they'll be there in May.

Thought Southampton had their chances to be honest, quite wasteful. The pen was the type of pen Man Utd get at Old Trafford but other teams usually won't. You could make a case for it, but in the context of other penalties given/not given it's very soft. Man Utd fans wouldn't have any of that because they're used to getting them.

I have a feeling Ibrahimovic is going to be a flat track bully. There's a lot of dross in the Prem who will sit deeper and he'll enjoy playing against them. I'm not sure I fancy him in the bigger games where he's picking up the ball further from goal, but we'll see.

Pogba showed some nice touches and dribbles but overall a fairly quiet debut. Signs are there though, once he gets up to full speed.

Strangely for a Mourinho team they look stronger in attack than defence. I can see teams causing them problems unless they get some defenders in.

Had a horrible feeling Pep was going to rest Aguero or Silva but thankfully he hasn't. Given starting

STOKE XI V MAN CITY: Given, Wollscheid, Pieters, Bardsley, Shawcross, Arnautovic, Imbula, Bojan, Whelan, Diouf, Allen

MAN CITY XI V STOKE: Caballero, Kolarov, Otamendi, Stones, Zabaleta, De Bruyne, Sterling, Navas, Silva, Fernandinho, Agüero