The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Been to the Hertha-Werder match tonight. Standard was atrocious on the whole. Atmosphere was class and litre beers in the stands though so overall 5/7.

Hertha can fuck off like, had that down as a home banker.

They were absolutely toss, Pardew esque tactics from Dardai. Should've been at least 3 to Werder but alas they were also dreadful in the final third.

Presumably Pardew will do what he did last time he accused a player of conning a blameless referee - buy him, then next time Palace have that ref, claim it was actually all his fault and that he shouldn't be refereeing their games.

This is mental.

It isn't, Guardiola started with a back 3 of Sagna, Stones and Koralov.  That's just asking to get a thrashing from a counter attacking team as good as Leicester (when they actually turn up).

We know you don't like Guardiola.

Who does? Overhyped fraud

:snod: :snod: When people creamed themselves over him coming to the premiership was sickening

Meh he's a very good manager but it's not his team and he's clearly tried to move too far too fast. Also dunno what on earth he was doing, totally walking into it there, giving Mahrez so much space. Bad mistake sure, but he still built the best team I've ever seen at Barca (blessed with a golden crop too but noone holds that against Ferguson for instance). He will never recreate that team again probably and Bayern Munich was just too easy an assignment, but he's still a good coach with interesting ideas, and you know what, him, Conte and Klopp stirring up Premier League tactical orthodoxies (the boring as mud 4-2-3-1 especially) has done a lot to make it more exciting.

Writing him off is dumb, he will take time. Too many people buy into the Sky Sports ethos that everything has to be brilliant NOW NOW NOW and if i't not it's CRISIS DOOM MANAGER OUT, one defeat makes someone an idiot but a million defeats make someone like Pardew a grizzled league veteran. Without the Guardiolas of the world we'd just be in a league of Pardew's, Pulis' and Hughes, do we really want that?

(I grant that Mourinhou has long since descended into self parody, an almost perfect one man satire on the Sky Sports cult of the eccentric foreign manager, but you know he also feels part of the furniture now)

Guest neesy111

Meh he's a very good manager but it's not his team and he's clearly tried to move too far too fast. Also dunno what on earth he was doing, totally walking into it there, giving Mahrez so much space. Bad mistake sure, but he still built the best team I've ever seen at Barca (blessed with a golden crop too but noone holds that against Ferguson for instance). He will never recreate that team again probably and Bayern Munich was just too easy an assignment, but he's still a good coach with interesting ideas, and you know what, him, Conte and Klopp stirring up Premier League tactical orthodoxies (the boring as mud 4-2-3-1 especially) has done a lot to make it more exciting.

Writing him off is dumb, he will take time. Too many people buy into the Sky Sports ethos that everything has to be brilliant NOW NOW NOW and if i't not it's CRISIS DOOM MANAGER OUT, one defeat makes someone an idiot but a million defeats make someone like Pardew a grizzled league veteran. Without the Guardiolas of the world we'd just be in a league of Pardew's, Pulis' and Hughes, do we really want that?

(I grant that Mourinhou has long since descended into self parody, an almost perfect one man satire on the Sky Sports cult of the eccentric foreign manager, but you know he also feels part of the furniture now)

:thup:

It's clearly a project he see's at Man City, it'll take time.

Got to remember people were writing Conte off after liverpool beat them at home, now look at him.

I'm not sure anyone's worked out how to play this Chelsea shape yet, spurs and man city weren't too far off but the high press is such a high risk strategy against that forward line. A pulis all out defense may be only way to stop them at the moment, though hazard or Costa will still find a way.

Guest neesy111

Pulis is rancid.

Good manager.

if any club has the sole aim of existing in the PL he's a good manager aye

Surely that is West Brom's main aim?