The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Was just about to post that I seriously doubt Hull will go down.  Silva has got them actually looking pretty good

PFM brigade will be gutted. He's been very impressive since he's went there.

:lol: I don't think I mind that result. Mackems are still fucked and this'll be crippling for Palace.

Yeah, you feel it says more about Palace than Sunderland. Just pulls Palace further into the mire.

What did he say?

Fan was a freak for bringing a time to go banner to the game in the Arsenal end, then said basically they should be happy with 4th.

I live overseas and get the international feed, not the UK coverage. The analyst was Jim Beglin who, before they showed that fan, said you'd have to question how long Wenger would have lasted at Chelsea and what the point of Arsenal was if they weren't competitive. He asked whether they were simply in it for the "profit".

That's a silly hypothetical though. Chelsea don't sell their best players.  Spend more money. Pay higher wages.  Have a better squad.  If you spend the most money and have the highest wage bill, you should win the league.  If you have the 4th highest wage bill and spend the 4th most - you should finish 4th. 

However being 1 of the biggest sides. You would hope Arsenal could punch above their weight a bit - win more trophies than they do.  Their biggest failure is not going into April with a realistic chance of winning the title in 12 years. Liverpool are the 5th highest spenders and managed it twice in that period.  Although they've also spent a few seasons below 5th too.