The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Guest firetotheworks

The drama in that Barca match was crazy, but as a match it was really weird I thought. Suarez was a cheating prick, Messi was off the boil, and it didn't seem like they won with the level of brilliant football that you'd expect with 6 goals scored. Even Neymar, who had some class moments was also flinging himself about like a tit. It made it seem a bit undeserved. Great drama though.

2 penalties (deserved but foolish to concede), a free kick that should've been saved, an own goal.  Terrible defending for the others. More choke than anything but great drama nonetheless.

While still looking poor at the back - Barcelona have been scoring plenty and getting results in recent weeks.  After Bayern I fancy them for the CL.  Hope Real win something.  While this win will give Barca confidence the added games could give Real an advantage in the league. Don't think Barca can rely on squad players the way Real can. 

What a turnaround, but it's not a good advert for the game. Neither are penalties, and with a stronger ref Neymar and Suarez are looking at 2 yellows each for diving. Flinging yourself to the floor the moment you feel contact doesn't constitute a penalty, and you can't exactly argue you were tripped by someone's head. I thought the ref was going to book Neymar, but his assistant who is even further away advises a pen and the ref overturns the decision. It's comedy refereeing, unless you're a PSG fan. If the intent is to con the ref then you should be booked. The Nou Camp, the big crowd and the occasion - I think the ref's completely bottled it.

I know people are knocking some decisions but the linesman deserves credit for keeping his flag down at the end as there were a few players offside when Neymar chipped it forward all very close to the scorer who was just level too!

What a turnaround, but it's not a good advert for the game. Neither are penalties, and with a stronger ref Neymar and Suarez are looking at 2 yellows each for diving. Flinging yourself to the floor the moment you feel contact doesn't constitute a penalty, and you can't exactly argue you were tripped by someone's head. I thought the ref was going to book Neymar, but his assistant who is even further away advises a pen and the ref overturns the decision. It's comedy refereeing, unless you're a PSG fan. If the intent is to con the ref then you should be booked. The Nou Camp, the big crowd and the occasion - I think the ref's completely bottled it.

:lol: Are you serious? :lol: Meunier slips infront of Neymar bringing him down. It's as clear as it get ffs.  ''You can't exactly argue you were tripped by someone's head'' :lol: One of the dumbest things ever posted on this forum.

The PSG boys should be rounded up and giving a public flogging in the centre of Paris. Epic disgrace man.

Those two failures to score in one on one positions by Cavani and Di Maria are ridiculous. I do think Di Maria was fouled but how many touches did he take man, goodness sake.

Painful to watch. How does that PSG team ever live that down?

Guest Howaythetoon

It will go down as a classic because of the comeback, but it was no classic in terms of the actual football. PSG did very little attacking until their goal, Suarez and Neymar constantly diving and scrappy goals made the game itself not such the spectacle the scoreline suggests. I

Outside of his diving Neymar was superb, a man possessed who worked tirelessly to get his team going time and time again when Suarez and Messi in particular seemed to have given up.

I'm pleased for VI anyway, how lucky is he that his second cloob is also doing so well. Truly following in Newcastle's footsteps...

Before the game, the only guy I knew that was confident on turning this over was a Valencia fan that despises us. "Emery always finds a way to throw the unthrowable, I should know", he said to me.

It's true that Emery's record at Valencia in big games was always awful. But OTOH his Sevilla team was hard as nails. Yesterday we weren't that dominant but PSG looked like jelly.

I thought that yesterday was a Ballon d'Or performance from Neymar btw. He's been kinda threading water this season, I hope that this spurs him to assert himself more.

Not trying to be biased here at all but that must be one of the best individual performances in recent time by anyone. Most of the team looked to have given up except him, and he had Meunier in his pocket since the first minute as well. His workrate had always been great, but never seen him win so many balls in the defensive end as he did.

Guest neesy111

What are peoples thoughts on the away goal rule?  I think it's outdated now and needs scrapping in europe.

I thought that Premier League matches couldn't be televised when European matches were also televised?!

Just an agreement not to be played at the same time, Premier League decided to ignore it on this occasion.