Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

Needs to Siem for Wijnaldum, and Mitro for Cisse. Not sure what Cisse even brings to our team now.

WDDW

So you'd praise Pardew for the 5th too then?

Eh?

You think Cisse is the reason for WDDW? That's what you've implied. Other than the one goal he's scored in those 4 matches, he hasn't held up the ball, made any passes of note or made space for other places. Every single game Mitro has come on he's been involved, holding up the ball, laying it off and being an absolute menace. With Cisse alone up front we're practically a man down, he just can't play the lone striker role and he never has for us. The only time he came close to this was when we played practically 3 up top and he was the one in the middle.

You can't just look at the past 4 results, Cisse has started them, and then imply 'that's what he brings to the team'. Come on.

What's that got to do with Pardew? ???

If you read that piece about Benitez's tactics from the other day, Cisse is being picked to fulfil a role he very often deploys in his teams. It's working, so I'm not complaining.

I brought the Pardew thing into it because he often gets lauded as 'the reason' we finished 5th, yet having watched every game of the season, it looked like he was trying his best to make sure we didn't win but that's been gone over 100 times.

I did read the Torres interview, it was a great insight. I just don't see how Cisse not being able to hold the ball and pass it to a team-mate as part of tactics. The piece about Torres specifically mentioned that he was sometimes tasked to draw out defenders to make space for Gerrard, I don't see Cisse doing anything at all off the ball that would help us.

Pardew deserved plenty of credit for getting us to fifth and he got it, including from me. It doesn't have any relevance here.

I'm just happy for Cisse to continue in the side as like it or not, it's working based on results. I trust this manager's judgement.

Pardew deserved plenty of credit for getting us to fifth and he got it, including from me. It doesn't have any relevance here.

I'm just happy for Cisse to continue in the side as like it or not, it's working based on results. I trust this manager's judgement.

Fair enough.

Guest neesy111

Cisse is in the side as he chases defenders and Mitrovic doesn't.

This basically.

Cisse is in the side as he chases defenders and Mitrovic doesn't. We're trying to be hard to beat.

Plus Mitro usually comes on later and has a real impact once he's up against tiring opponents.

Needs to Siem for Wijnaldum, and Mitro for Cisse. Not sure what Cisse even brings to our team now.

WDDW

So you'd praise Pardew for the 5th too then?

Eh?

You think Cisse is the reason for WDDW? That's what you've implied. Other than the one goal he's scored in those 4 matches, he hasn't held up the ball, made any passes of note or made space for other players. Every single game Mitro has come on he's been involved, holding up the ball, laying it off and being an absolute menace. With Cisse alone up front we're practically a man down, he just can't play the lone striker role and he never has for us. The only time he came close to this was when we played practically 3 up top and he was the one in the middle.

You can't just look at the past 4 results, Cisse has started them, and then imply 'that's what he brings to the team'. Come on.

Mitro very rarely plays well when he starts and is slow as fuck

Yep, i trust Benitez at this point. What ever he wants to do i assume is the right decision until proven otherwise.