Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

It's not like Villa are a scrappy team who just weren't good enough, they're merceneries who clearly don't give a shit.

Although we did somehow lose to already-relegated QPR at this stage last season....

http://cf.c.ooyala.com/1pY2R4dDoCjB6Q96diSKI89ViXJ2WbeX/promo255273273

Rafa was in charge when we got beat by Norwich and were utterly s**** at Southampton.

Just worried the players will revert to type away from home, couldn't have picked a better game to change that though to be fair.

That's not going to happen.  Norwich and Southampton were before we really improved, Rafa will not let the players revert to type.

This is the team that came from 2-0 down at Anfield (against an in-form Liverpool team) to grab a point.

The Norwich/Southampton results were during the initial period where Rafa was working with the squad, we now have a settled starting 11 that are putting in decent shifts.

If we don't beat these, we deserve everything we get - people are underestimating just how awful they are.

Rafa was in charge when we got beat by Norwich and were utterly s**** at Southampton.

Just worried the players will revert to type away from home, couldn't have picked a better game to change that though to be fair.

That's not going to happen.  Norwich and Southampton were before we really improved, Rafa will not let the players revert to type.

Agreed! I'm 100% with Mick here. Old chap doesn't get rattled 1 bit.

It's not Rafa i'm worried about, he's pulling of a wonderful run right now but it's still the same core of shite it was.

Lascelles, possibly the big factor imo. A proper head the ball big centre half we've needed for ages....who knew eh.

Rafa needs to inspire belief, fight and determination for this game. It's the most important game that he will ever manage us. Players will have to be readied mentally and physically. If we're really up for it, we could get a few goals in and close that mackems GD.

Does that pub in London where Newcastle fans meet show non-televised games?

Nah, Cock & Lion only shows televised games, or that's always been the case up until the last time I went about a year back.

It's not like Villa are a scrappy team who just weren't good enough, they're merceneries who clearly don't give a shit.

Although we did somehow lose to already-relegated QPR at this stage last season....

http://cf.c.ooyala.com/1pY2R4dDoCjB6Q96diSKI89ViXJ2WbeX/promo255273273

http://i.imgur.com/iIuuNgQ.jpg

Fuck knows what the score will be in this. The importance of it obviously goes without saying and, given the recent venture into professionalism from our players, I wouldn't expect a repeat of the QPR game. But fuck knows, we're still pretty shite and don't craft goals.

Horrendous draw or tight victory.

Most likely a tight victory, either 1-0 or 2-1.

I've no doubt they're awful and if we really pushed them we have the ability to score more, but I think this game just means too much and due to nerves and a risk-averse attitude, we'll lock the game down once we're ahead.

Hoping this is the game that we put an end to our disastrous away season in spectacular fashion by thumping them maybe 4-0? Who knows? We have the momentum. Focus on what we do and we'll get our job done then see how it all pans out. We're due something good away from home.

I think its strange that so many is confident before this match. Ok, Villa is shit this year, and we are getting better.

But if there are one game that NUFC typically lose, its this match.

I am bricking it  :lol:

I think its strange that so many is confident before this match. Ok, Villa is s*** this year, and we are getting better.

Eh? Aren't we unbeaten in like 5 years against Villa?

It will be a tough game, can't see us just walking it. We need to not make any silly mistakes and to try and score first goal. A win with hopefully Sunderland and Norwich losing would be great.

I think its strange that so many is confident before this match. Ok, Villa is s*** this year, and we are getting better.

Eh? Aren't we unbeaten in like 5 years against Villa?

I was not specifically pointing at Villa, but this kind of game.

Like we need to win, and every result is going our way. We lose. :lol:

Another game we simply must win as nothing else will do. Wins are something of a rarity for us this season so I'd happily take a 0-1 win now. We don't have many natural goal scorers so I can't see us improving our goal difference enough to make a difference in the relegation battle.