Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I do get the sense he is thick as mince though. Not 'on message'/party line, but nevertheless true. If this, however unkind, is accurate then I'd get shot sharpish: "Stupid is and stupid does..." as in he will be far less likely to improve than someone 'good at learning'.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f2/f212fd68aeca509fcdbbb675e67ce9276b0d9fa965fa8bb5865c167eccb8b1d9.jpg

Couldn't even get the quote right FFS :lol:  Who is the thick one, again? :lol:

Not that I want to contribute to this nonsense but he's nowhere near 6'4" like. Going off the one time I saw him out, anyway.

The quickest 2 CBs I've seen are Rio Ferdinand and Sylvain Distin. Both of whom are bigger.

Not that it really matters. He'll overcome it as a weakness with experience.

Not that I want to contribute to this nonsense but he's nowhere near 6'4" like. Going off the one time I saw him out, anyway.

The quickest 2 CBs I've seen twice are Rio Ferdinand and Sylvain Distin. Both of whom are bigger.

I think Lascelles, Hanley and Clark are all the same height iirc.

The quickest 2 CBs I've seen twice are Rio Ferdinand and Sylvain Distin. Both of whom are bigger.

One of whom is also one of the best CBs of the last 10-15 years. I was trying to make the point that Lascelles is a young CB who is still improving, and to criticise him for a lack of pace on the turn is a bit daft.

Rather than discussing whether we should let Lascelles go if a bid comes in we should be more worried that big bids for the likes of Gayle, Shelvey, Mitro and Richie are made in January.  The EPL clubs all have loads of dosh sloshing around so we may have trouble hanging on to these players if silly bids are made.

Rather than discussing whether we should let Lascelles go if a bid comes in we should be more worried that big bids for the likes of Gayle, Shelvey, Mitro and Richie are made in January.  The EPL clubs all have loads of dosh sloshing around so we may have trouble hanging on to these players if silly bids are made.

or just not worry about any of it 'cause it's a load of sky/tabloid driven shite

Trying to change the subject as this thread is getting somewhat side tracked into the world of nonsense. To have a perfect window, I still think we need to focus on getting up (unless come Jan we are like 20 points clear at the top or something), with that in mind, I would like to see Judge brought in, with Will Hughes and a more defensive midfielder to replace Tiote in the squad and provide competition for Colback's spot. I don't think we need to spend a whole lot unless we get some long term injuries or form has nose dived between now and then.

To be honest i think the lad (Lascelles) might just turn out to be very very good. Especially with Rafa guiding him and Rafa thinking highly enough of him, and maybe seeing the respect the other players may have for him to make him Skipper. Added to the fact he's just 22.

Also, Rafa will bomb him out if he proves not to be good enough. Rafa has zero sentiment when it comes to winning, ruthless as they come as i'm sure we'll soon see after promotion (if that happens)

I didn't question it, I corrected another poster who was off with his estimation. It's utterly irrelevant anyway. As I pointed out, the fastest CBs are usually his size or bigger.

Pietro Vierchowod  says hi... :lol:

The quickest CBs by a country mile Ive seen were Des Walker and Paul McGrath.

mcgrath was quick?  i was a bit young for early mcgrath but always thought of him having great positioning rather than pace (not that they're mutually exclusive i suppose) largely due to his fucked knees