Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kinell man, Cabella, Colback, Perez, De Jong, Riviere - all in one summer and barely a bicep between the lot of them.

That was an awful window, I thought we would be relegated at the start of that season. Think Perez, Aarons & Cisse having decent seasons pretty much kept us up.

Aye, Aarons with his four sub appearances and one goal in the league was what kept us up.

Didn't Aarons grab a few assists? Early that season Pardew was on the ropes and I remember Cisse & Aarons helping to get him a few points to keep him in the job. Then he won a number of games on the bounce with Cisse & Perez scoring some vital goals. Those 8/9 key games got us to 20 something points by round 19 which was around the time Pardew left...

Nope, not a single one. One league goal and one league cup goal is all he did that season.

Kinell man, Cabella, Colback, Perez, De Jong, Riviere - all in one summer and barely a bicep between the lot of them.

That was an awful window, I thought we would be relegated at the start of that season. Think Perez, Aarons & Cisse having decent seasons pretty much kept us up.

Aye, Aarons with his four sub appearances and one goal in the league was what kept us up.

Didn't Aarons grab a few assists? Early that season Pardew was on the ropes and I remember Cisse & Aarons helping to get him a few points to keep him in the job. Then he won a number of games on the bounce with Cisse & Perez scoring some vital goals. Those 8/9 key games got us to 20 something points by round 19 which was around the time Pardew left...

Nope, not a single one. One league goal and one league cup goal is all he did that season.

from memory is was a classic pardew rescue act that aarons kicked off with the league cup goal and then followed up fairly rapidly with the league goal so it seemed like aarons had a massive impact on things but he didn't in actual fact

from memory is was a classic pardew rescue act that aarons kicked off with the league cup goal and then followed up fairly rapidly with the league goal so it seemed like aarons had a massive impact on things but he didn't in actual fact

Aarons scored in a 3-3 draw with Palace on 30 Aug. His cup goal was two months later against City. He came on as a sub in a 1-0 win at home to Liverpool the game after, then he wasn't seen again until May.

Selling Mitrovic and bringing in someone like Nahki Wells (Huddersfield may not sell, but I like the player quite a bit and think he could perform in the Premiership) would be very good business, imo. Mitro is still young, has a decent reputation, and performs for his national team, so you would think there would be good offers for him.

The central midfield is something that needs addressing not so much for this season ( I believe this will right itself when Shelvey returns), but the next one, if NUFC is assuming that promotion is a probable outcome. Imo, none of the players in those positions are ones I would trust to perform at the higher level. Colback and Tiote are average, Hayden is young, Diame is underwhelming, and Shelvey's abilities may not cover his liabilities at that level. This entire section of the team needs to be revamped, and it would be wise to start now, while players can bed in and adjust.

CM needs sorting now, we are crap without Shelvey and we can't rely on him staying fit for the reminder of the season as it could derail our promotion push.

I haven't watched much outside of highlights, obviously, so I defer to people at the matches if things have deteriorated that much. Just from a perspective of the squad, it is sorely lacking in the players that can actual possess the ball and do something progressive with it. There is a lot of space to take advantage of at this level, and still there is a struggle for creativity.

Good footballer is Brady but it would really depend on where Rafa intends to play him.

If he's going to be a winger then I'd be concerned about us signing another wide player who's technically gifted but doesn't really have much pace. Ritchie kind of has that covered.

If Rafa thinks he's defensively sound enough to play LB then yeah, he'd be a quality signing. Rafa doesn't seem to like out and out wingers so we need our full-backs to provide width.

Yedlin and Brady would be a hell of a full-back duo going forward.

I'm encouraged by the names we're being linked with. Only those that are unrealistic are the ones moaning.

Cleverly, Delph and Loftus-Cheek mentioned in CM - all huge upgrades on Colback, with the first 2 having more top level experience than Hayden.

Brady and Snodgrass for width - either would be a creative upgrade on Gouff. Think Brady is more realistic Snodgrass will surely have PL teams sniffing as he's proving he can produce even in a really poor PL team.

My only concern is that it's a bit quiet on the #10 front? I think it's a position we need strengthening the most with Diame at AFCON and Perez way, way out of form. I'm pretty much certain Rafa knows what we need and by the end of January I think we'll all be happy with the recruitment again.