Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The last few prem games before we got relegated. Rafa had Lacelles & Mbemba form a great partnership. They looked like they were well suited. Now he gives him no time at all.

Same with Mitro and others. We have bodies for this league but don't really use them. But Colback still gets a game???

CB is probably the position you want to rotate the least, particularly when you're on the cusp of having a settled partnership as Clark and Lascelles seem to have. Also think the fact that Clark is left-footed is a massive boon in Rafa's eyes and Lascelles, as the club captain, is likely to play more often than not.

Similar with Mitro really. I'm a big fan and I wish he'd featured more by this stage but Gayle's form has simply been too good.

His first game for us was at right back off the bench IIRC

Was third game against Man Utd I think. Commentators were wanking themselves silly when Depay nutmegged him but Mbemba played fine that game.

That was the game Man Utd annihilated us 0-0

Aye, and we nearly won it at the end with Thauvin

The last few prem games before we got relegated. Rafa had Lacelles & Mbemba form a great partnership. They looked like they were well suited. Now he gives him no time at all.

Same with Mitro and others. We have bodies for this league but don't really use them. But Colback still gets a game???

You don't really change centre half partnerships if they're playing well and winning games. You also don't drop strikers that score more often than not in games. Colback only plays because our options at centre mid are dire

They built a decent partnership at the end of last season before any new CBs came in. Started together this season,then Mbemba got exiled.

Anyway if players are getting sold theres naff all we can do about it. I just rate Mbemba CB with pace.

You don't really change centre half partnerships if they're playing well and winning games. You also don't drop strikers that score more often than not in games. Colback only plays because our options at centre mid are dire

They built a decent partnership at the end of last season before any new CBs came in. Started together this season,then Mbemba got exiled.

Yes, because Mbemba had a few bad games and Clark came in and has hardly put a foot wrong

Yes, because Mbemba had one bad game and Clark came in and has hardly put a foot wrong

FTFY.

I have no issue with it because Clark has been very good since replacing him, but he had one bad performance against Wolves it wasn't consistent bad performances at all.

I'd argue Lascelles had just as many bad performances in the lead up to Clark getting into the team.

Lascelles on the other hand has looked shaky to me last 3 games.

Agreed. He has been treading a fine line. He hasn't been bad, but a couple of lapses, just like Mbembe. If Mbemba is turning up in training then he might get another bite.

If he can come in and perform,then we may have 3 good CBs going forward.

I wouldn't want to loan him out, but he's gonna need to play matches.

I don't think we need to drop Lascelles, but maybe the added responsibility, as captain, and still young, a rest could be justified. Man management and all that.

Really hope we don't lose Mbemba. Can't see us getting anyone better than him whilst we're playing championship football so we'd be weakening our squad.

Totally. He seems like he has a touch of class about him, even if he is still a little unpolished, I think he's on a par at least with Lascelles and both could become big players for us.

I understand the benefit of having Clarke as a left footer, he's also the most experienced, and has been pretty consistent. I'd like to see Mbemba given the chance to compete with Lascelles. Both players should benefit from the competition, and if one of them doesn't, we get better.

colback and mbemba are in no way linked, it's a bizarre comparison to make.

surely when talking about mbemba and whether he should/shouldn't be playing you need to use another center half as an example?

colback and mbemba are in no way linked, it's a bizarre comparison to make.

surely when talking about mbemba and whether he should/shouldn't be playing you need to use another center half as an example?

Somebody mentioned he could play DM, in an earlier post. Got me a little excited. Then I thought surely Rafa would have tried him there.

Rafa doesn't seem to like utility players - you're a soldier with a clear role for him.

He'd have hated Steve Watson.

Loves Colback tho.

Nah. Just given him too many opportunities to prove he is nothing more than a liability. Hayden nudged him out, but Shelvey's suspension meant we were short of options. Rafa was clearly liking what Anita was doing at RB, but I think he'll be prepared to sacrifice that, at least in the cup.

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey  17m17 minutes ago

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request at Southampton - won't make the club budge on value, if it isn't met he won't be going.

Surely worth a go for us.

I posted earlier about unrealistic aims in the transfer window.

This is exactly what I meant.

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request at Southampton - won't make the club budge on value, if it isn't met he won't be going.

He clearly wants to move up, not down

Wins Euros - starting in all of the big games

Captain of midtable PL team

Hands in transfer request

Moves to championship Newcastle.

Seems legit.

Brighton and Newcastle have shown an interest in Brentford midfielder Alan Judge, according to Sky sources.

However, given the choice, we understand the player would prefer to move in the summer when he has proved his fitness and no transfer fee is due.

It's thought the Bees will try and sell him this month because it’s their last chance to get a fee before his contract expires next summer.