Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lascelles on the other hand has looked shaky to me last 3 games. If we were to come back up it'd be interested to see those in this 3-4-3 system that seems to be all the rage now.

Darlow

Mbemba.      lascelles.  Clark

Yedlin.        Hayden.    Shelvey.    Lazaar

Ritchie          Gayle.      Atsu

Would be interesting to see

Lascelles on the other hand has looked shaky to me last 3 games. If we were to come back up it'd be interested to see those in this 3-4-3 system that seems to be all the rage now.

Darlow

On paper its quite spaffy, mainly because no Colback or Dummett.

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey  17m17 minutes ago

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request at Southampton - won't make the club budge on value, if it isn't met he won't be going.

Surely worth a go for us.

Wins Euros - starting in all of the big games

Captain of midtable PL team

Hands in transfer request

Moves to championship Newcastle.

Seems legit.

Right, I though he wasn't starting for Southampton which is why he handed the request in :lol:

Seriously lacking in my PL knowledge since being relegated.

Darlow

Like the look of that :thup:

Darlow

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/rafa-benitez-puffing-cheeks-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

Darlow

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/rafa-benitez-puffing-cheeks-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

:lol:

No reason to jump to 3-4-3 just cos it's fashionable really, it's become a lot more common because it suits the forward line of Chelsea so well, 3 forwards playing like that works very well against 4-2-3-1s for whatever reason so teams playing chelsea have to add a centre back to match up, Spurs could out do them but we can't. Worth thinking that it works having 2 midfielders and only 2 hard working wide players because they have Kante doing a ridiculous amount of the grunt work, we can't match that.

Personally I'd like a more flexible 4-3-3, none of this boring 2 defensive mids please. (but no Rafa will do 4-2-3-1)

No reason to jump to 3-4-3 just cos it's fashionable really, it's become a lot more common because it suits the forward line of Chelsea so well, 3 forwards playing like that works very well against 4-2-3-1s for whatever reason so teams playing chelsea have to add a centre back to match up, Spurs could out do them but we can't. Worth thinking that it works having 2 midfielders and only 2 hard working wide players because they have Kante doing a ridiculous amount of the grunt work, we can't match that.

Personally I'd like a more flexible 4-3-3, none of this boring 2 defensive mids please. (but no Rafa will do 4-2-3-1)

Agreed. And I don't feel 3-4-3 is very productive with a deep playmaker like Shelvey. Also I feel we would need better passing quality among the back three. No use following the hype if you don't have the players to match it.

it basically needs one of the cbs to be an auxillery midfielder with very good passing, would love one of those of course but we don't have one. Honestly though, the richest clubs have the luxury of buying players to fit the formation they want, for at least a little bit lets find the best formation that most shows offs the quality we have. Back to our transfers, yeah really want more pace and creativity this window, come on club hurry up :p

it basically needs one of the cbs to be an auxillery midfielder with very good passing, would love one of those of course but we don't have one. Honestly though, the richest clubs have the luxury of buying players to fit the formation they want, for at least a little bit lets find the best formation that most shows offs the quality we have. Back to our transfers, yeah really want more pace and creativity this window, come on club hurry up :p

Coloccini version 2009 to 2012 would have been perfect.

yeah, maybe he was our best passer at the time. I dunno people get slightly too hung up on formations at times (although 3 at the back is one of the very clear formation shifts I suppose) it seems to me mostly about where on the pitch you want to outnumber the opposition. 3-4-3 seems to mean you want to have 3 forwards and 2 wide players overwhelming a normal back 4, 4-4-2 means more out properly wide, 4-3-3 means more in central midfield and 4-2-3-1 tends to mean more behind the ball :p

yeah, maybe he was our best passer at the time. I dunno people get slightly too hung up on formations at times (although 3 at the back is one of the very clear formation shifts I suppose) it seems to me mostly about where on the pitch you want to outnumber the opposition. 3-4-3 seems to mean you want to have 3 forwards and 2 wide players overwhelming a normal back 4, 4-4-2 means more out properly wide, 4-3-3 means more in central midfield and 4-2-3-1 tends to mean more behind the ball :p

I think both Chelsea and Spurs were more 3-4-2-1 last night. I think that formation actually quite suits our current strengths and isn't far away from Rafa's philosophy, or at least not at odds with it. If Yedlin and Lazaar can play/settle as wing backs then when full (current) strength elsewhere I reckon it's a goer: with Ritchie and Diame as the 2, and Hanley in the centre of the 3 (I suggested a slightly tweaked cup side in the Brimingham thread this morning).

Gayle linked to Everton

Hmmm ...

You know when I saw us being linked with the likes of Callum Wilson it had me wondering if clubs in the prem were sniffing around Gayle. Only because someone like Wilson would not be joining us to not start every game.

Hope we don't have to deal with this issue.