Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No surprise the club has messed up this window, feels like a stunning return to form.

It's the 13th, not the 31st. Put that Knee back in place.

I'll put my foot up your arse if you like? Problem is you'd probably climax.

We havent signed anyone yet, its not even halfway through the window, yet we've "messed up". :lol:

There's no plan whatsoever (half arsed scattergun approach) and seems like the club thought they could ride their luck through to the end of the season. If you are happy with signing no one or some of the dross we've been linked with then fair enough, but I expected more.

Two weeks wasted of settling in players, as we've seen with lazaar if we buy anyone now they'll be making their debut in a few month, if at all.

It feels like the club of old, I doubt now we will sign anyone of note.

We've spent 50m already this season, who did you expect expect us to bring in by now?

We've spent -£32m actually.  :lol:

This Chris fella is the one who was certain Rafa wouldn't be here by Christmas, right? And who hasn't posted since we were losing to Norwich until very recently. What an asset to the forum that bloke is, really happy to have him here.

This Chris fella is the one who was certain Rafa wouldn't be here by Christmas, right? And who hasn't posted since we were losing to Norwich until very recently. What an asset to the forum that bloke is, really happy to have him here.

Somehow only got one vote for 'Most repetitive poster' :lol:

There hasn't been much of a plan B really though it has to be said, we've lost every game we've conceded first in haven't we?

We do need to improve in that area, whether it be a plan B or sorting out the mentality of the players when going down first in a game.

We DO need to be able to come from a losing position to get points if we want to go up...also, although it seems sacrilege to even LOOK like comparing Rafa with him, I believe this was also a criticism of Pardew's teams as well so maybe some of the players in both manager's sides lack character and determination.

His 'Show Posts' section is brilliant. Last comment before end of December was at 1-2 down v Norwich ffs. :lol:

There's people who sit around me at SJP who I'd never enter conversation with, I'm always mindful on here that they may have Internet access. One in particular who wants us to finish 3rd to 6th so he can see us promoted at Wembley.

Probably just some tight fuck who spotted he could win an extra tenner if he backed us to go up through the play-offs.

His 'Show Posts' section is brilliant. Last comment before end of December was at 1-2 down v Norwich ffs. :lol:

sad mackem bastard would be my guess.

Needed at least one creative midfielder from the off, in this transfer window especially with Shelvey getting himself banned. Two weeks into the transfer window and nothing at all in. No surprise some people are a bit worried. :lol:

Add to that we are playing utter s*** football and haven't had a good game for a about 6 weeks.

I think being realistic would be a better description. No team is getting promoted with Colback as a mainstay in their team. Good job he hasn't been, and switching with Hayden most of the season, and is only really in the team these last few games due to Shelvey being out I'd even throw Dummett into the mix also. He's been a mainstay for the majority of this season so far, and we are currently on course to finish about 10 points ahead of the average points total to get promoted

We still haven't rectified our lack of creativity. Unitl about 2 weeks ago we we're the highest goalscoring team in the country He had the summer to make sure those three factors weren't still crippling us. They're very clearly not. Yet we are in January, going into the next phase of fixtures and we are reliant on Colback, Dummett et al. We are most definitely not reliant on Colback, an probably Dummett too.

Anything else?

isn't the point that not replacing colback/getting someone in (with tiote also possibly leaving) means that we run the risk of having to see colback in the team for extended periods?  that's how i feel atm, i'd take saivet back or fucking anything to avoid that prospect for the rest of the season tbh

Guest firetotheworks

Was he? I was under the impression that Rafa was rotating, as neither were regulars like Shelvey, Gayle, Clark etc.