Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd be very, very pleased with Andre Gray and Demairi Gray like. They'd be bloody good signings and anyone who'd be "underwhelmed" by them was probably underwhelmed by Ritchie and Gayle last summer.

I'd be very, very pleased with Andre Gray and Demairi Gray like. They'd be bloody good signings and anyone who'd be "underwhelmed" by them was probably underwhelmed by Ritchie and Gayle last summer.

Never seen them play personally, although i will admit they sound underwhelming. :lol:

Not sure about others but I was happy with both signings.

Demairi Gray has never been mentioned in any comments i've made so not sure why he was mentioned anyways.

Still think Lukaku could backfire for a top club. His linkup play is poor and he's very streaky.

Streaky? He scored in 22 games this season. Harry Kane scored in 20.

His record against top 6 clubs isn't too good apparently. If you're Chelsea you have to consider that.

Still think Lukaku could backfire for a top club. His linkup play is poor and he's very streaky.

Streaky? He scored in 22 games this season. Harry Kane scored in 20.

His record against top 6 clubs isn't too good apparently. If you're Chelsea you have to consider that.

Very few strikers do have a good record against the top 6 - http://www.football365.com/news/the-nonsense-of-the-flat-track-bully-criticism

Pertinent section (correct as of mid-April):

The fact that every elite striker in the Premier League this season has endured such criticism at one time or another is enough to deem the accusation itself as nonsense, but let’s prove it so anyway. Judging the six top-scoring strikers in the country on the number of non-penalty goals scored in starts against the top six produces the following results (non-penalty goals is the only fair way of comparing penalty takers against non-penalty takers:

Lukaku – 3 non-penalty goals in 9 starts

Ibrahimovic – 2 in 5

Aguero – 2 in 6

Costa – 2 in 8

Defoe – 1 in 9

Kane – 0 in 7

Pretty harsh to judge a player from a club outside of the top 6 based on his record against clubs that are in that quota. Teams like Everton are always going to be on the backfoot in those games.

Lukaku goes through these spells where he just plays lazy and his movement on and off the ball stops. He doesn't exactly fit the 'always on the move' profile that many of the best do.

Love when people immediately wikipedia or go on a stats website to review a player linked with us and come straight to a conclusion as to whether or not they'd be a good signing.

Totally ignoring their performance, how and where they play for their current club, how Rafa would utilise them etc. etc.

Calling a rumour "underwhelming" despite never actually seeing the player play ffs :lol: Dennis Wise methodology.

Wonder how many would have been upset at us signing Kante because he played for some s*** club in France and didnt have the best pass % or shots on target.

Everyone is free to form a judgement but at least go to the effort of watching them play or something first :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

:thup:

Personally I like the look of King anyway tbh. Hopefully it's not just a purple patch.

Only thing that would concern me with Gray is that he struggled to get into a struggling Leicester side this season on a consistent basis. Maybe that is just poor management, or maybe there is something going on in training or behind the scenes.

Whenever I've seen him, he's looked really dangerous but often makes the wrong decision (shoots rather than passes). Had similar feedback from Leicester fans, but with a good manager that could potentially be trained out of him.

A very similar player to Atsu I think.

King I like, but I've not seen a lot of him tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Only thing that would concern me with Gray is that he struggled to get into a struggling Leicester side this season on a consistent basis. Maybe that is just poor management, or maybe there is something going on in training or behind the scenes.

Whenever I've seen him, he's looked really dangerous but often makes the wrong decision (shoots rather than passes). Had similar feedback from Leicester fans, but with a good manager that could potentially be trained out of him.

A very similar player to Atsu I think.

King I like, but I've not seen a lot of him tbh.

Different Gray. The one that looks like Sydnor from The Wire.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Gray

I like Andre Grays attitude, he seems to have a confidence (arrogance) to his game. It's something thats very much needed at SJP. Once he gets a couple of goals he could fly.

He's got pace too, which is vital to us this season.

I like Andre Grays attitude, he seems to have a confidence (arrogance) to his game. It's something thats very much needed at SJP. Once he gets a couple of goals he could fly.

He's got pace too, which is vital to us this season.

Shagging one of Little Mix. Ladies like the cocky ones.