Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think Gibbs is fine, but I think we could get better for £15 million to be honest.  Or the similar level player for a fair bit less.

could risk mbabu in that position - but reports suggest rafa doesnt fancy him.

Dummett is no worse than Simpson was, both limited but as proven by Simpson's Champions medal, fine as part of a well functioning team.

Would prefer Gibbs but not at the sacrifice of other key areas.

Is it a forgone conclusion that we'll play four at the back and with a single striker up top?

I'm starting to have doubts. It's amazing to me how quickly the division en masse adopted a three-man backline. I assume that Rafa is putting together a side to cope with that. He built a side specifically for Championship football and now he's building one for the PL.  Exciting times.

Yeah, someone like Semedo theoretically replaces Clark in the team. You wouldn't really want them playing together. We absolutely don't have a natural partner for a Semedo type.

What do you base this on? :lol:

Odd question.

The fact that Semedo's young, without PL experience, more of a ball player and anticipator from the limited occasions I've seen him and what I've heard. Pretty obvious you've got to partner such a player with an experienced leader who can play the stopper role. Hanley and Lascelles I don't want starting for us in the PL and Mbemba's not of that style likely to be sold anyway. That leaves Clark, who as I've said, himself needs said type alongside him if he's to start for us next season.

From what I understand while he's a decent passer from a CB, I'm pretty sure he's mostly known for his physicality in terms of his aggression and pace etc.

Obviously the Benfica fans we have on here would be able to confirm.

We almost never started building up our attacks on the left because our LB can barely pass a ball! Which makes us so one dimensional and easy to read where the opposition can focus on letting us starting down the right or centrally and then press us with many players and make it more difficult for us. Not having a proper LW doesn't help either mind. Sick of seeing Dummett take so much time on the ball before he plays it, which 9 times out of 10 is back to our CB. A quality LB would make a massive difference, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a Marcelo attacking type of LB. One that is good defensively and talented enough to handle the ball to a decent level would be a start. At times it feels like some people think Dummett is good defensively just because he's below average going forward, while in fact he's an average player defensively as well, even though he's quite "consistent".

Nail on head.

We need to unearth the new Jose Enrique.

Monreal has been one of the most improved players in the division over the last few years. He got given his chance, grabbed it with both hands and hasn't deserved to lose his place since. Do you want us to sign a starting LB from a top 6 club instead?

Again, based on Arsenal. I don't rate any of their defenders highly. No matter the score or tide of the match their fullbacks often keep pushing forward. Monreal's hardly Marcelo so for Gibbs to be replaced by him is worrying.

That's clearly a tactical choice, actually watch him defend. Very rarely does he get beaten 1 v 1 or drastically out of position, more than most in the league anyway.

Again, based on Arsenal. I don't rate any of their defenders highly. No matter the score or tide of the match their fullbacks often keep pushing forward. Monreal's hardly Marcelo so for Gibbs to be replaced by him is worrying.

Monreal is one of the fastest players in the league. There's plenty of reasons why he'd keep a place in any team.

Gibbs looked decent not so long ago.. he just needs a new challenge

Monreal has been one of the most improved players in the division over the last few years. He got given his chance, grabbed it with both hands and hasn't deserved to lose his place since. Do you want us to sign a starting LB from a top 6 club instead?

I'm simply sceptical of Gibbs. I'm generally sceptical of players like Gibbs - a squad player for a top 6 club his entire career.

Monreal's a good player but like I said - he's no top, top left back. That's why Arsenal have signed another left back to compete or replace him. Making Gibbs third choice and available to sign... for 15m.

Just my thoughts. Sure he's better than Dummett and the market is crazy. Still feel like 15m should get a great left back. Who isn't injury prone. Can't imagine Sturridge will go for much more than that.

I like Gibbs. But he is constantly injured. Should be factored into his price, I guess. But off the top of my head, his career has been stop/start because of niggling injuries and hasn't really played for a long run of games.

I'm simply sceptical of Gibbs. I'm generally sceptical of players like Gibbs - a squad player for a top 6 club his entire career.

Monreal's a good player but like I said - he's no top, top left back. That's why Arsenal have signed another left back to compete or replace him. Making Gibbs third choice and available to sign... for 15m.

Just my thoughts. Sure he's better than Dummett and the market is crazy. Still feel like 15m should get a great left back. Who isn't injury prone. Can't imagine Sturridge will go for much more than that.

You go on about Gibbs being injury prone and then mention Sturridge. :lol:

Desperate shite Australian media being desperate and shite: linking us with ex-NUFC reject James Troisi who is available on a free after leaving Melbourne Victory

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/06/05/exclusive-free-agent-troisi-talks-premier-league-new-boys-brighton

Despite also being linked with a return to Newcastle United - the club where it all began for Troisi as a teenager - sources in England suggest that the 28-year-old looks poised to join the Seagulls instead.

Free agent Troisi, who is camp with the Socceroos ahead of Thursday's defining World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia at Adelaide Oval, never made a Premier League appearance during his four years at St James' Park, having signed as a 17-year-old.

No, ta.

They have signed another Left Back because they have changed to a 343 system and Gibbs nor Monreal are really made for it, not because they need more competition.

Desperate s**** Australian media being desperate and s****: linking us with ex-NUFC reject James Troisi who is available on a free after leaving Melbourne Victory

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/06/05/exclusive-free-agent-troisi-talks-premier-league-new-boys-brighton

Despite also being linked with a return to Newcastle United - the club where it all began for Troisi as a teenager - sources in England suggest that the 28-year-old looks poised to join the Seagulls instead.

Free agent Troisi, who is camp with the Socceroos ahead of Thursday's defining World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia at Adelaide Oval, never made a Premier League appearance during his four years at St James' Park, having signed as a 17-year-old.

No, ta.

Yeh he's shite. Sounds like clubs are looking to do what city did with Aaron mooy. Pick them up for

Free and then loan them to lower league sides in the hope they have a good season and fan then make money off a transfer.