Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gibbs would be a great signing like, perfect for a club in our position.

Steady on. He's been on the way down for a while, man. I'd like to think he'd come here with something to prove but it's more likely he'd just be another Celestine Babayaro.

I like Gibbs as a player but he hasn't played regularly for years. I wonder if he still has the hunger to develop his football. He's 27 now and his injury record can rival any of Arsenal's sicknotes (except Wilshere probably). Can't see anybody paying 15 million for him, considering he'd probably demand at least 50k in salary.

I'd rather look elsewhere tbh.

Guest taps01

Surprised we have not seen any strong links to a quality number 10 yet, it's all been CBs and Strikers with the odd winger thrown in.

Been saying the same. Can't think of one number 10 we have been linked with.

Surprised we have not seen any strong links to a quality number 10 yet, it's all been CBs and Strikers with the odd winger thrown in.

Surprised we haven't gone in for Barkley tbh.

For half our budget?

Because we have no chance of getting him

If Barkley isn't happy at a club that just finished 7th, I'd say there's zero chance of him wanting to come here.

Must admit I'm a bit surprised Barkley wants out at Everton, he always seems one of those players who's promised a lot more than he's delivered. I'm not sure he's going to pull up any trees if he moves to one of the big 4.