Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to be really interesting to see how Everton fares next season. I like Koeman and they could take a step forward with all the cash they are going to have but that's usually not how things turn out.

Doubt one of the big four will buy him anyway.

So where exactly is he expecting to end up, abroad? Or is this all just a bit of haggling to get a better deal at Everton?

Barkley isn't good enough for the starting XI of anyone above Everton IMO. That doesn't mean one of them won't spaff some money on him though.

He's a great talent whose progress has stalled for some reason. I'm pretty sure one of the bigger clubs will fancy their chances of getting more out of him.

Going back to Gibbs am I missing something with some saying he is 3rd choice at Arsenal? It's only Monreal ahead of him isn't it

They bought a new left back, Kolasinac

Aye fair enough I forgot about that, I thought people thought he'd been 3rd choice the season just gone

Barkley isn't good enough for the starting XI of anyone above Everton IMO. That doesn't mean one of them won't spaff some money on him though.

He's a great talent whose progress has stalled for some reason. I'm pretty sure one of the bigger clubs will fancy their chances of getting more out of him.

It's stalled because he's not an intelligent player IMO, I can see one of the big clubs taking a punt on him but I don't think he will succeed with them.

It's stalled because he's not an intelligent player IMO, I can see one of the big clubs taking a punt on him but I don't think he will succeed with them.

Agreed. His decision-making is just so, erm, English at times. His touch can be a little wayward too. Then all of a sudden - flashes of brilliance.

Classic player from these shores, particularly in the recent era

It is incredible that the club transfer record is still below twenty million pound. Most first team quality Premier League players are worthy of that fee in the current climate. I know they have generally hunted for players out of contract and bargains from abroad, but it is still hard to believe.