Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monreal has been one of the most improved players in the division over the last few years. He got given his chance, grabbed it with both hands and hasn't deserved to lose his place since. Do you want us to sign a starting LB from a top 6 club instead?

I'm simply sceptical of Gibbs. I'm generally sceptical of players like Gibbs - a squad player for a top 6 club his entire career.

Monreal's a good player but like I said - he's no top, top left back. That's why Arsenal have signed another left back to compete or replace him. Making Gibbs third choice and available to sign... for 15m.

Just my thoughts. Sure he's better than Dummett and the market is crazy. Still feel like 15m should get a great left back. Who isn't injury prone. Can't imagine Sturridge will go for much more than that.

You go on about Gibbs being injury prone and then mention Sturridge. :lol:

That's my point genius. An injury prone left back shouldn't go for similar money to a more proven injury prone centre forward.

Yeah thing with Gibbs is he doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would come here looking for a pay cheque and do nowt. However some players weaknesses are hidden at top clubs who retain possession like Arsenal, so you're not quite sure how he'd adapt to a club who would be on the back foot in a number of matches a season.

Wasn't as bad as Andre Santos mind, so you'd be hopeful he'd still be an improvement to our starting XI.

Mole, you can dress it how you like. Gibbs is now 3rd choice left back at the club that finished 5th in the PL.

And we are a promoted Championship team, what's your point? :lol: I'd take a whole row of "3rd" choice Arsenal players tbh :lol:

Desperate shite Australian media being desperate and shite: linking us with ex-NUFC reject James Troisi who is available on a free after leaving Melbourne Victory

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/06/05/exclusive-free-agent-troisi-talks-premier-league-new-boys-brighton

Despite also being linked with a return to Newcastle United - the club where it all began for Troisi as a teenager - sources in England suggest that the 28-year-old looks poised to join the Seagulls instead.

Free agent Troisi, who is camp with the Socceroos ahead of Thursday's defining World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia at Adelaide Oval, never made a Premier League appearance during his four years at St James' Park, having signed as a 17-year-old.

Totally irrelevent.

Yeah thing with Gibbs is he doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would come here looking for a pay cheque and do nowt. However some players weaknesses are hidden at top clubs who retain possession like Arsenal

Arsenal's defenders weaknesses are hidden? do you watch any Arsenal game ever? :lol:

Mole, you can dress it how you like. Gibbs is now 3rd choice left back at the club that finished 5th in the PL.

And we are a promoted Championship team, what's your point? :lol: I'd take a whole row of "3rd" choice Arsenal players tbh :lol:

Hayden was 15th choice.

Desperate s**** Australian media being desperate and s****: linking us with ex-NUFC reject James Troisi who is available on a free after leaving Melbourne Victory

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/06/05/exclusive-free-agent-troisi-talks-premier-league-new-boys-brighton

Despite also being linked with a return to Newcastle United - the club where it all began for Troisi as a teenager - sources in England suggest that the 28-year-old looks poised to join the Seagulls instead.

Free agent Troisi, who is camp with the Socceroos ahead of Thursday's defining World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia at Adelaide Oval, never made a Premier League appearance during his four years at St James' Park, having signed as a 17-year-old.

No, ta.

Yeh he's shite. Sounds like clubs are looking to do what city did with Aaron mooy. Pick them up for

Free and then loan them to lower league sides in the hope they have a good season and fan then make money off a transfer.

Difference is Mooy was a class above in the A-League, whereas Troisi (despite what Victory tards and their Aus media fanbois may say) is terrible.

Monreal has been one of the most improved players in the division over the last few years. He got given his chance, grabbed it with both hands and hasn't deserved to lose his place since. Do you want us to sign a starting LB from a top 6 club instead?

I'm simply sceptical of Gibbs. I'm generally sceptical of players like Gibbs - a squad player for a top 6 club his entire career.

Monreal's a good player but like I said - he's no top, top left back. That's why Arsenal have signed another left back to compete or replace him. Making Gibbs third choice and available to sign... for 15m.

Just my thoughts. Sure he's better than Dummett and the market is crazy. Still feel like 15m should get a great left back. Who isn't injury prone. Can't imagine Sturridge will go for much more than that.

You go on about Gibbs being injury prone and then mention Sturridge. :lol:

That's my point genius. An injury prone left back shouldn't go for similar money to a more proven injury prone centre forward.

It isn't quite as simple as that though, is it? Not that I'd expect you to understand.

Again, based on Arsenal. I don't rate any of their defenders highly. No matter the score or tide of the match their fullbacks often keep pushing forward.

But that's Wenger's policy, not individual decisions made by their defenders.

It's an unusual strategy, but not necessarily an incorrect one. How many times do you see a team concentrate on just defending a lead in the last 10 minutes, but end up surrendering all the initiative and conceding through too much fear and passivity?

Again, based on Arsenal. I don't rate any of their defenders highly. No matter the score or tide of the match their fullbacks often keep pushing forward.

It's an unusual strategy, but not necessarily an incorrect one. How many times do you see a team concentrate on just defending a lead in the last 10 minutes, but end up surrendering all the initiative and conceding through too much fear and passivity?

This is when they're getting pumped 3-0 after 20 minutes and the other team is still dominating.

15m and 70k+ a week - there's got to be better value on the market than an injury prone fullback. He's made less professional appearances than Sturridge at the same age.

I'm all for gambling on young English players. Or a top class PL player like Sturridge. But i'm unsure of how good this lad is, it's a massive fee, massive wages and he's injury prone.

I'm personally more interested/concerned in/about his injury record rather than Arsenal's pecking order tbh. If he could come in and play say 30 out of the 38 games, then he's definitely worth the 15M. He's not even wroth half that if he would only be starting about 10 games or so.

I'd be mostly interested in his motives for joining us. Is he coming here because he knows he isn't good enough is just looking to prolong his premier league career as much as possible or is he coming here because he feels like he has a point to prove to people?

This is when they're getting pumped 3-0 after 20 minutes and the other team is still dominating.

15m and 70k+ a week - there's got to be better value on the market than an injury prone fullback. He's made less professional appearances than Sturridge at the same age.

I'm all for gambling on young English players. Or a top class PL player like Sturridge. But i'm unsure of how good this lad is, it's a massive fee, massive wages and he's injury prone.

His recent injury record is pretty decent though isnt it? Its just a case of being a benchwarmer

I'd personally take the risk, we would struggle to find a better left back than Gibbs

Desperate shite Australian media being desperate and shite: linking us with ex-NUFC reject James Troisi who is available on a free after leaving Melbourne Victory

Totally irrelevent.

:lol:

With the huge amount of new money coming in, it's hard to say what you'd be able to get for £15M. The market has gone haywire.

Providing he's fit, at least we'll know that Gibbs will be better than our current options. He's shown he can handle the Premiership, and if we're going to survive, let alone prosper, we need to add a bit more to our attacking armoury. Gibbs is good going forward.