Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What absolute drivel :lol:  I mean aye I'm sure Real Madrid just rang us up and said "we'd give you £30m for that Sissoko lad you know, I mean we aren't going to, but we would"..

Seems to be more in the Fernando rumours, personally would be quite excited by this signing. He reads the game well and just does the simple things which give players like Shelvey the time to do what they're good at.

To put in perspective, I would imagine his defensive stats over his time at Porto and few appearances for City are similar to William Carvalho (the glaring difference between them is long range passing, Carvalho would rival Shelvey..)

Comparing him to Colback is idiotic. One can tackle, one cannot. One is strong, one is not. One wins headers, one does not... and so on.. you get the picture.

Be more than happy if Rafa got him in, especially at that price, in the prime of his career.

Fast but crap imo (from the Daily Fail:)

Middlesbrough have received enquiries from Newcastle United and West Ham for Adama Traore but are reluctant to sell.

The former Barcelona prospect has also drawn attention from Chelsea, who made enquiries about him in January, and is keen to speak to Premier League clubs.

However, Garry Monk believes he can make him a better player and is hoping to convince the 21-year-old to stay. Traore made 32 appearances for Boro last season though failed to score.

:scared:

Fast but crap imo (from the Daily Fail:)

Middlesbrough have received enquiries from Newcastle United and West Ham for Adama Traore but are reluctant to sell.

The former Barcelona prospect has also drawn attention from Chelsea, who made enquiries about him in January, and is keen to speak to Premier League clubs.

However, Garry Monk believes he can make him a better player and is hoping to convince the 21-year-old to stay. Traore made 32 appearances for Boro last season though failed to score.

:scared:

Dog chasing a balloon

Seen Fernando play a few times at The Etihad over the last two seasons. Even at 30, and although never going to be exciting to watch, he is a sound defensive midfielder and would be an excellent signing. Not least as I think the competition and the observation/training would help bring Hayden on.

The Mirror report that Newcastle are closing in on Andreas Samaris in £17.5million deal as Rafa Benitez begins summer strengthening. He’s a Greek international who plays for Benfica.

The Mirror report that Newcastle are closing in on Andreas Samaris in £17.5million deal as Rafa Benitez begins summer strengthening. He’s a Greek international who plays for Benfica.

Pretty sure we were linked with him earlier in the month, or am i thinking of someone else.