Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bit of a change in circumstances, mind, buying a midfielder at 28 compared to 31. He's a very fine player and way better than what we have now, obviously.

Aye, and i'm not complaining! If we can get him for 9 million it would be a fucking snip.

Don't know enough about Enzo Perez to comment, but think in general top quality players in the twilight of their career, very promising young players, plus maybe the 'in prime looks class in a lesser league but Premier League/other top league unproven' are the three categories teams of our current standing will go for.  Quite like the potential benefits, directly and indirectly/on the other players, that could come from getting a couple of the first lot in this window.

Definitely one of their better players, which is either saying a lot or not much at all considering their recent troubles. Wore the armband this season so obviously has something about him. Bit of a mentalist at times but as almost every other midfielder in the world he's better than what we have.

Guest reefatoon

If we can find any players still going for 10 mill a pop, we might. We absolutely hate spending anything more than that on a player.

Does anyone genuinely believe we're going to bring in 6 or 7 exciting players?

Depends on your definition of "exciting"?

Premiership quality players. Not Jacob Murphys.

6 or 7 might be pushing it. 4 or 5 I would expect given your criteria.

I'd hazard a guess and say it's almost a certainty that we will have signed 6 by August 31st

It's the standard. Are they all going to be release clauses, loans, last year of contracts, foreign potential or are we actually going to grow some balls?

I suspect a mixture of the above and a couple of real quality players.