Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I can imagine Rafa seeing Huddlestone as a useful player.

it'll keep the squad hungry lol

James McCarthy is a name that keeps cropping up. Wonder if we think we can get him a bit cheaper with all of Everton's spending.

Much rather him than Huddlestone, goes without saying.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was all for signing someone like Hart, but after his performance against Scotland I'm unsure. If we can get him on loan and he can regain some confidence and form, then maybe so. On form he would be our best 'keeper easily IMO. If he doesn't perform, Rafa will drop him like he dropped Sels who is our most expensive 'keeper in our history. I'd have Gibbs here in a shot, he's a very good player and so is Chambers. Injury issues are a concern though.

Am I the only thinking that he wants Huddlestone for when Shelvey needs a rest for the odd game or for the last 20 of games here and there. If Rafa could get him play near his best it would be a great move for 2mil if you ask me

Hart, chambers, Gibbs & mcCarthy would be great signings. That start of a typical hard to beat Rafa team.

while you're right it just highlights how much we have to do :anguish:

on top of that we would need at least one more quality striker, another quality winger, and preferably a better number 10 than we have now

Hart, chambers, Gibbs & mcCarthy would be great signings. That start of a typical hard to beat Rafa team.

while you're right it just highlights how much we have to do :anguish:

on top of that we would need at least one more quality striker, another quality winger, and preferably a better number 10 than we have now

I don't think we'll buy two centre halves. The others would be good signings though. Loads of work to do like you say.

Really would be happy with Hart. Don't understand the amount of hate he gets and think he'd be in the state of mind of having a point to prove.

You would think we were a top 6 team the way the noses are getting turned up. Blobby Jelliot is potentially our number one and people don't want hart [emoji1]

Guest Howaythetoon

RE Huddlestone (if true) what you have to remember with Rafa is he likes to have at least 2 players per position or role in the side so someone in the mould of Shelvey as a squad player will no doubt be required. Although I'd far rather we just upgraded Shelvey and he then become the squad player...