Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If it's true that Fernando is available for £4m we be mental to go anywhere near Delph

Two different types of players. Fernando is more of a player who breaks up play (DM/DMC), Delph will sit a bit further up run at defences more without being an out and out AM. Merino signing will put an end to our interest in Fernando.

Is he? I always thought he was a box-to-box type of player. To be fair he's been injured or benched for most of the last few years so I can't recall the last time I saw him play.

Don't think he's as defensive minded to be an out and out DM, nor is he attacking minded to be an AM. Think signing Merino will mean that we will no longer be looking at DM's which Fernando is more like, think Delph's ability to get it forward a bit more would make him more of a possibility than Fernando, though I doubt we are seriously interested in either.

Everton wanted £25m for him didn't they? :lol: Can't see us bidding more than £14m if true.

Samaris or McCarthy, get shot of Ginge and our CM is sorted. Onto a ST, a LB and a #10 and we're looking canny. Hopefully anyway.

Seems odd we are still being linked with wingers according to the Ronny Gill. I would have thought Ritchie, Atsu, Aarons and Murphy is sufficient cover, unless Rafa sees one of that quartet as a number 10.

McCarthy would be a great signing.  We really need some PL know how in our side, we are slowly building an exciting pacy young squad but someone like him in CM and another good striker would be awesome

McCarthy would be a great signing.  We really need some PL know how in our side, we are slowly building an exciting pacy young squad but someone like him in CM and another good striker would be awesome

Still concerned about the number 10 position personally, it was my top priority for upgrading at the start of the window, and we've barely been linked with anyone. I don't have enough faith in Perez, De jong and Diame to see us right in a crucial role in a Rafa team.

Still concerned about the number 10 position personally, it was my top priority for upgrading at the start of the window, and we've barely been linked with anyone. I don't have enough faith in Perez, De jong and Diame to see us right in a crucial role in a Rafa team.

If we sign McCarthy or Samaris, as well as this Merino being finalised, we'll have Hayden as an option in CM also. Could Shelvey be moved to #10? His defensive work is utter s**** anyway.

If De Jong can stay fit I think he could do a decent job for us there, I like his style of play and he seems an intelligent player with a good eye for a pass.  As long as we have some pace around him to do the running I think that could work out.