Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd have Cabaye back in a shot but not to play along side Shelvey. They offer similar passing attributes but Cabaye is by far the better all rounder.

We do need a striker but even more so of a problem is DM, the difference a Samaris or a Carvalho would make to the team would be massive.

If we're holding our own in the middle, means our defence isn't under as much pressure which means we're less likely to give away needless goals.

Shelvey is a wonderful passer of the ball, but he can't defend for shit.. never mind Diame or Colback.

Hayden is better but still not really that sort of player.

Plus at his age it's a massive ask to perform consistently at a role he's not ideal for.

I would be very surprised if Rafa doesn't have this as a priority too.

Shelvey right now looks a lot more athletic than Cabaye has lately. Not sure he's the same player we sold.

Wonder how much of that is motivation.

Let's face it, he's slumming it at Palace. Getting paid yes. But not where someone of his level should be just on the other side of his peak.

We were very lucky to have him and I don't blame him for wanting out at the time when he did.

Shelvey right now looks a lot more athletic than Cabaye has lately. Not sure he's the same player we sold.

Wonder how much of that is motivation.

Let's face it, he's slumming it at Palace. Getting paid yes. But not where someone of his level should be just on the other side of his peak.

We were very lucky to have him and I don't blame him for wanting out at the time when he did.

Aye wanting out, fair enough. Refusing to play, nah fuck him.

Was bored and having a look at skybet, not that it means much if anything but we are currently favourites to sign Clucas (1/3) and Batshuayi (7/2). Would anyone be happy with that?

Would fwap my knob off if we signed Batshuayi

Batshuayi is the sort of player I hope we can get on loan but it probably wouldn't happen until the end of the transfer window. Chelsea will be looking to buy another striker before they think of loaning out Batshuayi. Maybe even another two strikers if Costa is leaving.

Batshuayi is the sort of player I hope we can get on loan but it probably wouldn't happen until the end of the transfer window. Chelsea will be looking to buy another striker before they think of loaning out Batshuayi. Maybe even another two strikers if Costa is leaving.

Well they just signed Morata

Swansea in talks with Bony. Would be ideal for us.

Barely got a look in at Stoke last year despite them having pretty rubbish strikers

Proven in the League looked outstanding at times first time round for Swansea. Could do worse

Barely got a look in at Stoke last year despite them having pretty rubbish strikers

Proven in the League looked outstanding at times first time round for Swansea. Could do worse

The last time he looked good was three years ago and he's barely done anything since. We could do better

I meant as well as Morata. They currently list their strikers as Michy Batshuayi, Diego Costa and Alvaro Morata. If Costa leaves they'll need a replacement. We need Chelsea to have 3 strikers not including Batshuayi to have a chance of him going on loan.

They have the Champions League campaign this season as well though, there's no way they'll go into that with just say Morata and Batshuayi. If Costa does leave, for Batshuayi to go out on loan they'll need at least 2 more strikers imo.

Edit : what LoveItIfWeBeatU said.

The last time he looked good was three years ago and he's barely done anything since. We could do better

Aye I know we could do better. There's pipe dreams like Batshuayi whereas in the real world we're getting Rolan.

Aye I know we could do better. There's pipe dreams like Batshuayi whereas in the real world we're getting Rolan.

Whenever I have seen Bony for the past couple of seasons, he has looked like a player that already made his money and no longer cares about football. No motivation.

Whenever I have seen Bony for the past couple of seasons, he has looked like a player that already made his money and no longer cares about football. No motivation.

May be true but rather than sit on his arse at Citeh he's prepared to move to Swansea ??

If we offload riviere and mitro we will need to buy two anyway.

I meant as well as Morata. They currently list their strikers as Michy Batshuayi, Diego Costa and Alvaro Morata. If Costa leaves they'll need a replacement. We need Chelsea to have 3 strikers not including Batshuayi to have a chance of him going on loan.

They only had two last season