Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never going to happen but Martial would of been a "shock signing" i expected under Rafa then what we have currently brought in, Him and Gayle would never work though

Yeah I'm pretty sure Gayle would find himself on the bench :lol:

Richard Keys is a spanner. He should know better than spreading rumours like that.

As for our business this window, we're the pigeons waiting for the scraps from a bag of chips until after the seagulls have their fill.

There may be some tasty bits left, but just as much chance there won't. That's our transfer strategy in a nutshell.

Guest chopey

So at the talk in there was mention that Rafa had spoken to Mourinho earlier in the day ...

Now this morning Richard Keys has hypothesised about Martial joining us.

Apparently Mourinho is not happy with Chelsea loaning out so many players to other prem teams, as these players improve these teams and make life more difficult for Chelsea's rivals, but cannot feature against Chelsea.

Therefore he is looking to do the same to Chelsea, and Martial is potentially going to be joining us in this scenario. Apparently Mourinho doesn't fancy him at all, but knows they cannot get anywhere near the money they spent on him back, as things stand.

Absolutely love Anthony Martial man. Front three of Martial, Gayle and Ritchie. Oh yes.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/833971/Chelsea-Manchester-United-Newcastle-Anthony-Martial-Antonio-Conte-Jose-Mourinho-Keys

:lol Martial isn't coming here man.

A transfer made through spite, I like it.

Richard Keys is a spanner. He should know better than spreading rumours like that.

As for our business this window, we're the pigeons waiting for the scraps from a bag of chips until after the seagulls have their fill.

There may be some tasty bits left, but just as much chance there won't. That's our transfer strategy in a nutshell.

Ryan might have been our number 1 at a push but the rest I don't think we should be scrapping about for.

Yeah we needed like 9 new players and we have 5 of them, it's still nowhere near enough and i doubt many other clubs needed anywhere near that much.

Aye. It's why the whole 'other clubs haven't made many transfers' argument doesn't wash. We're in a different situation to other clubs.

Yeah we needed like 9 new players and we have 5 of them, it's still nowhere near enough and i doubt many other clubs needed anywhere near that much.

Aye. It's why the whole 'other clubs haven't made many transfers' argument doesn't wash. We're in a different situation to other clubs.

Was it ever realistic that we would sign nine players?