Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ST > AM > LW > GK > LB > CM remaining on my personal wish list, in that order.

With Merino here and Manquillo capable of covering at left-back, those positions have dropped down a fair bit.

Still think we could stretch that far if we're able to shift all of the crap on our books, but was hoping we'd have seen at least one further departure this week.

I'd bump GK above LW but that is being nit picky. Basically exactly how I feel.

I'd bump GK above AM as well. We already have De Jong, Diame and Shelvey on the books who could do that role.

Don't understand this line of thinking, De Jong is a walking sick note, Diame wasn't good enough in the championship and Shelvey is a great passer whose lack of mobility is a problem as a CM matter about AM.

I mean we have numbers at CF doesn't mean we shouldn't buy one when the options are woefully short of what's required.

Guest firetotheworks

GKs a obviously a lot more critical when things go wrong, therefore it should probably be prioritised like.

GKs a obviously a lot more critical when things go wrong, therefore it should probably be prioritised like.

Not arguing the keeper part, goes without saying. Just that AM shouldn't be prioritised because we have a bunch of players in that role who are not fit for purpose.

Guest firetotheworks

Not arguing the keeper part, goes without saying. Just that AM shouldn't be prioritised because we have a bunch of players in that role who are not fit for purpose.

I read it as shouldn't be prioritised over GK. That's why I said that. ST and GK are crucial, which AM just after it.

Also, nee idea why I'm using the abbreviations.

People pinning anything on De Jong are gonna be sorely disappointed. He looked slow against Bradford City, ffs.

Rafa is keeping him around and playing because his attitude is good, but he'll be behind Diame and Perez in the pecking order and his presence at the club probably stops us signing somebody there. The sooner we shift him the better.

Inclined to agree with this.

As if Martial's Mourinho's new Juan Mata. He's absolutely mint.

Now that you mention Mata...

They'll both do, cheers Jose. :aww:

Maybe not this year, but next season when we'll supposedly be up to our titties in PL gravy train money, that's exactly the type of signing we should be looking to make.

Edit: Mata, I mean. Of course it'd be great to compete for the Martials of the world but we're a ways from that.

As if Martial's Mourinho's new Juan Mata. He's absolutely mint.

Now that you mention Mata...

They'll both do, cheers Jose. :aww:

Maybe not this year, but next season when we'll supposedly be up to our titties in PL gravy train money, that's exactly the type of signing we should be looking to make.

Edit: Mata, I mean. Of course it'd be great to compete for the Martials of the world but we're a ways from that.

Ashley will find an excuse not to spend the money.

People pinning anything on De Jong are gonna be sorely disappointed. He looked slow against Bradford City, ffs.

Rafa is keeping him around and playing because his attitude is good, but he'll be behind Diame and Perez in the pecking order and his presence at the club probably stops us signing somebody there. The sooner we shift him the better.

Nolan looked slow compared to every team. Pace isn't everything.

Guest neesy111

Nolan definitely knew where the goal was, rest of his game was so-so.  Can't question what he did for us though.

Not saying we shouldn't be looking at a GK, but to me another ST, AMC, and LB are more of a priority. With our GK's you can say they will do a decent job, they all have weaknesses (probably the same ones), but you wouldn't have too much of a worry playing either one of them. Contrast that to a ST if Gayle is missing, an AMC, and a LB and you look at the team list and cringe.

I read it as shouldn't be prioritised over GK. That's why I said that. ST and GK are crucial, which AM just after it.

Also, nee idea why I'm using the abbreviations.

Yeah that was my take on it, Striker first, then GK, then AM. If I could have everything I think we need then we are desperate for a LB as well. Obviously I don't think any of the current options for AM are good enough, but if we are limited for money then we have to prioritise the positions which will keep us up, and that means the spine of the side.

left back top prority in my mind. We were lop sided all last season with no fret from the left. I dont think Dummett would get in a single premiership team other than ours. Id go for Amavi at Villa offer Colback in a swop

We won't be signing a left back while Dummett, Lazaar, Haidara, Manquillo, Gamez and Clark can all play there.

Dummett is a reliable defender.

he has to run round the ball and take three touches to control it. By which point he is closed down and has to play inside or hump it down the line. Agree not bad defending one on one. Gets caught out by of the ball movement. Forest last season before he got sent off the same type of ball was played over his head twice before the sending off. He didnt learn and is by far the weakest player in our first eleven

It should help Dummett that the player in front of him will hopefully provide more of a threat than Gouffran this year.

Gouffran scored some important goals last year but in general play him and Dummett weren't much of an attacking threat so hopefully with Murphy or whoever plays on the left will take some attacking onus off Dummett. Would be happy if we got a better left back though