Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Isn't Lucas a perma-cripple though?

No he isn't: suffered a couple of bad injuries; other than that he's not an Aarons or SDJ type of injured player

Really? Thought he was always fucked. Hardly remember him under Rogers for example. Probably me.

Isn't Lucas a perma-cripple though?

No he isn't: suffered a couple of bad injuries; other than that he's not an Aarons or SDJ type of injured player

Really? Thought he was always f***ed. Hardly remember him under Rogers for example. Probably me.

If memory serves it was more because Rodgers preferred Allen etc etc rather than him being injured.

Still can't see it, Hayden was bought for DM/CM position, along with Saivet, Colback, Tiote, Shelvey, Anita. We're not exactly short in that area.

I think the papers are just guessing, i think we just want cash up front and Liverpool want to pay in installments.

Still can't see it, Hayden was bought for DM/CM position, along with Saivet, Colback, Tiote, Shelvey, Anita. We're not exactly short in that area.

I think the papers are just guessing, i think we just want cash up front and Liverpool want to pay in installments.

I agree, if we need a midfielder it would more of the attacking/creative variety than defensive tbh.

Or he wants defensive midfielders to allow the front 4 to roam. Could do with a player that can score some goals from there other than Shelvey so we have a few options. I think Tiote will go so we need experience in there and would make sense from that point of view.

Or he wants defensive midfielders to allow the front 4 to roam. Could do with a player that can score some goals from there other than Shelvey so we have a few options. I think Tiote will go so we need experience in there and would make sense from that point of view.

I'm not convinced we want Lucas, makes sense if it's the scenario you put forward though.

I agree, if we need a midfielder it would more of the attacking/creative variety than defensive tbh.

Agreed but Rafa does like his two holding midfielders, i think we have enough of those but as nufc4eva says it could be if Tiote goes.

Personally i think like you it's attacking midfielders we will want, especially if Gini and Sissoko go.

One of those players has to at least have the passing range and vision to initiate attacks though, otherwise you'll see what happens with England is a load of forwards on the pitch but we can't create because nobody is keeping the ball or helping set up that front 4.

If Tiote goes, Colback is shite and Hayden has started something like 8 league game in his career. It's not inconceivable he is a target.

I really like Lucas, would be a class above just about every player in the Championship.

One of those players has to at least have the passing range and vision to initiate attacks though, otherwise you'll see what happens with England is a load of forwards on the pitch but we can't create because nobody is keeping the ball or helping set up that front 4.

True and I think we do need that, someone that can switch play and join in attacks is required, however assuming Tiote goes we don't have anyone experienced or good enough to protect the back 4 and sometimes you could understand trying to have a functional defence minded midfield