Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One CB will be enough imo, everyone is looking at the worst possible outcome but the reality is most teams don't have 4 recognised CBs.

I know we usually have s*** tonnes of injuries but that isn't normal, most clubs don't have both their first choice defenders out for long term periods at a time.

Mbemba, Lascelles, new CB, Dummett (who is more of a CB than a fullback anyway)  and who ever else is versatile enough to do a job if necessary is more than enough.

Hayden can play at centre back as well.

The point is, we have only one really big centre back and that's Lascelles. Rafa will want another one in case he's injured and to challenge him and Mbemba for the shirt. Hayden, Mbabu and Dummett are not proper CB's regardless if they can do a job there for a few games.

Any idea who the cb will be if ots not Hanley?

Tom lees or Richard Keogh according to rags. Ayala is wanted but too expensive and maybe wont fancy the move. Lewis Dunk is also likey out of reach now. All quiet on the caulked front.

One CB will be enough imo, everyone is looking at the worst possible outcome but the reality is most teams don't have 4 recognised CBs.

I know we usually have s*** tonnes of injuries but that isn't normal, most clubs don't have both their first choice defenders out for long term periods at a time.

Mbemba, Lascelles, new CB, Dummett (who is more of a CB than a fullback anyway)  and who ever else is versatile enough to do a job if necessary is more than enough.

The point is, we have only one really big centre back and that's Lascelles. Rafa will want another one in case he's injured and to challenge him and Mbemba for the shirt. Hayden, Mbabu and Dummett are not proper CB's regardless if they can do a job there for a few games.

Dummett is tbh, also Hayden is as well from what I have read he's played loads of games there it just so happens he's better in midfield but that doesn't mean he's only a stop gap.

Dummett is tbh, also Hayden is as well from what I have read he's played loads of games there it just so happens he's better in midfield but that doesn't mean he's only a stop gap.

I don't think either player could give us what Lascelles did last season in terms of physical dominance. Mbemba looked twice the player once he had a proper imposing centre back next to him.

One more CB would be fine til Christmas when we can reassess.  Plenty of coverage and possibly a surprise graduate from the youth team. Didn't realise manure had a bid for Findlay rejected by celtic last summer. 

While lascelles and mbemba should be our starting cbs. We definitely need people to be pushing them. There is no point buying players that aren't good enough to demand a starting spot. Morally I feel there should be a balance with giving those guys priority but that's not how to be successful. Competition is healthy.

All that said the centre would still feel like it's missing an experienced leader if we bring Hanley in, even though he has years experience.

I don't think either player could give us what Lascelles did last season in terms of physical dominance. Mbemba looked twice the player once he had a proper imposing centre back next to him.

Exactly why I think we should sign one CB.  :)

Adam Campbell played 20 odd games in the Scottish Premier and scored 39 goals. That league is bobbins. Should be 10th choice at best.

None of that even came close to actually happening

Don;t think this was posted

Newcastle United could turn to South American defender if they fail in Grant Hanley bid

Newcastle United could turn to unsettled Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta if they fail to land Grant Hanley.

The Magpies are already looking at alternatives should the move for the Scotland international fall through.

The Venezuelan international would be available for a knockdown fee and has Sky Bet Championship experience after spending the last two seasons on loan at Middlesbrough.

At 6ft 4in the South American will offer Newcastle a physical edge to their back four.

And he would have no problems quitting the Cottagers after initially refusing to play for the London side in pre-season before being told he had to be involved in a game with Cobh Ramblers.

Since then he has not featured against Cork City and Fulham would be prepared to offload the player who has just a year left on his contract.

Get West London reported today: “Amorebieta allegedly threw his toys out of the pram by refusing to play for Fulham at the start of pre season.

“But in truth, was told in no uncertain terms he had to train with the rest of the squad at the Cork training camp last week.

“Fulham eye the prize of freeing themselves from the yoke of a £17k-a-week wage bill for the next 12 months.”