Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lucas is or at least was a very important cog in their machine when they were doing well a few years ago.

Screams of a Nicky Butt type signing tbh, same age to if I remember correctly. C

Trust in Rafa but my own personal opinion, if he's coming here as a captain, that will set Lascelles back a bit.. who I think is the long term option as opposed to the short term fix.

Lucas is or at least was a very important cog in their machine when they were doing well a few years ago.

Screams of a Nicky Butt type signing tbh, same age to if I remember correctly. C

Trust in Rafa but my own personal opinion, if he's coming here as a captain, that will set Lascelles back a bit.. who I think is the long term option as opposed to the short term fix.

Of course it won't set Lascelles back  Think expectations of him are a bit OTT. He had a good half dozen game spell against a lot of sides playing for nowt. He stepped up to the plate but we still need senior heads and Lucas' experience is prime captain material

Having Lucas massively decreases the chances of Colback playing so I'm all for it. Lucas patrolling nowhere beyond the halfway line, winning it and giving it to Shelvey I could see working very well.

Frees up Tiote to fack orf too.

Guest chopey

I still think we could see a few more going out Elliot, Winny, Sissy, Gouffran, Janmaat, Saviet, Tiote, Riviere, Sammy, Cabella and Vuckic.When you look at our squad list there is a fair few duckeggs still hanging around.

Having Lucas massively decreases the chances of Colback playing so I'm all for it. Lucas patrolling nowhere beyond the halfway line, winning it and giving it to Shelvey I could see working very well.

:thup:

:thup:

Agreed. Lucas in Tiote out would be excellent business.

I personally hope Tiote stays tbh, under Rafa he was back to his best at the back end of last season.

I've always said there's no point in getting rid of Tiote unless we can bring in a proper replacement. If we can get Lucas though I think that would definitely count. Tiote's only worth having here if his head is right, and that seems to change every few months.

Guest RafaelBenitez

I don't think Lucas will come to NUFC, but if he did, Tiote + Lucas in the middle would be unreal!

I wanted Napoli to sign Tiote when Rafa was there, I think he's quality whenever I've watched him play.