Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't see why signing a striker proven in this league is such a bad idea. Aye it won't be glamorous but he'll be in rotation with Mitrovic anyway.

It isn't a bad idea. Only upsets the heedthabaals who fail to understand a raft of football manager signings aren't possible in the real world.

Mate, I've agreed with you twice in the last few weeks. Things are looking up.

I don't see why signing a striker proven in this league is such a bad idea. Aye it won't be glamorous but he'll be in rotation with Mitrovic anyway.

Depends on your definition of "proven" I suppose. He's nearly 34 and has had one good season at this level in his career (which wasn't last season).

Depends on your definition of "proven" I suppose. He's nearly 34 and has had one good season at this level in his career (which wasn't last season).

:thup:

Be daft if we didn't make one last approach for Knockaert when sulky chops gets sold. Would be very strong contenders then.

Like to think we might make a really serious offer for him. Like club record type bid, if Sissoko goes.

50 in 3 seasons. f*** off.

27 of which came in one season. The only time he's been his team's top scorer and the only time he's been a top 10 scorer in the league. In the other two seasons he got 10 and 13, both playing 40 games. Without that one standout season he's a 1 in 4 Championship striker throughout his career.

50 in 3 seasons. f*** off.

27 of which came in one season. The only time he's been his team's top scorer and the only time he's been a top 10 scorer in the league. In the other two seasons he got 10 and 13, both playing 40 games. Without that one standout season he's a 1 in 4 Championship striker throughout his career.

He's going to be fourth fucking choice man. Chill the fuck out.

50 in 3 seasons. Fuck off.

:rolleyes: He only scored in six games last season, failed to score until November, and hasn't scored in any yet this season. Daryl Murphy's a bog standard Championship striker and quite old. Why has this become such a controversial statement? Weird that I've never seen any posts saying how good he is before yesterday.

Obviously people wanted a much better striker in and this is the definition of underwhelming but you've got to remember he'll be 4th choice, back up, possible cup games and to keep Mitrovic on his toes. I can understand people being pissed off but he'll be a bit part player at best.

Guest dazzanufc1892

the difference is at this level, they won't have had a manager and strategies in place from somebody of the quality of our manager. They also won't have had the kind of coaches that come with rafa.

Im happy to go with any signing and see how they turn out after working with a higher class of backroom staff